• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who popped this amazing deal?

25 posts in this topic

Another PayPal claim forthcoming

But for that price, I'd have taken the chance. Paypal will refund you if you do not receive it.

Send me 5k for 60 days and I'll send it back after you fight me tooth and nail for it. Seems like a good deal doh!

But for that price, I'd have taken the chance. Paypal will refund you if you do not receive it.

If you get an empty box with a Chatelaine magazine showing tracking info being received by you and they empty their Paypal or bank account in the mean time, will Paypal still offer you a refund?

If you get an empty box with a Chatelaine magazine showing tracking info being received by you and they empty their Paypal or bank account in the mean time, will Paypal still offer you a refund?

Yes, I believe so, emptying your Paypal account does prevent there from being a chargeback. Secondly, I would just open in front of a postal employee.

With all due respect, why jump all over me, just for pointing out the auction. It is not mine nor did I win the item. I am sure plenty of people in this thread took chances on books at some point or another.

Who's jumping all over you? I simply asked a question.

Paypal will put the account in a negative if the find it worthy of a chargeback but if the money isn't there do they actually make the original buyer whole?

Let's say the guy took his $5K and spent it with another Paypal seller and acquires his itme before the chargeback occurs....does Paypal still make the original buyer whole?

I don't know. That's why I'm asking.

With all due respect, why jump all over me, just for pointing out the auction. It is not mine nor did I win the item. I am sure plenty of people in this thread took chances on books at some point or another.

I don't think anyone is jumping on you, I think people are pointing out there's not much of a chance of these sales being legit.

I don't think anyone is jumping on you, I think people are pointing out there's not much of a chance of these sales being legit.

Yeah, there's no "jumping on" here. It's an obvious scam listing. Thanks for pointing it out. We all like keeping tabs on this stuff.

Who's jumping all over you? I simply asked a question.

Paypal will put the account in a negative if the find it worthy of a chargeback but if the money isn't there do they actually make the original buyer whole?

Let's say the guy took his $5K and spent it with another Paypal seller and acquires his itme before the chargeback occurs....does Paypal still make the original buyer whole?

I don't know. That's why I'm asking.

I think in principle the answer is yes, at least up to their $10,000 payment limit. But I wouldn't want to go through the monumental hassle that I imagine would be involved in getting them to shell out that kind of money after the seller had vamoosed.

I don't think it was because you'd pointed out the auction, but more of your second post where you said you might take the chance. I think they are suggesting that even "taking the chance" might not be worth it as you might not be made a 100% whole.

Jim

I don't think it was because you'd pointed out the auction, but more of your second post where you said you might take the chance. I think they are suggesting that even "taking the chance" might not be worth it as you might not be made a 100% whole.

Jim

+1

The problem with "opening it in front of a postal employee" is, if you aren't at your confirmed address (say, you're at work and your confirmed address is at home), they might leave it with someone else. (In my case, they always leave it at a front desk, and sometimes don't bother even leaving a note.) So long as they have a signature, it's out of the hands of the post office and so paypal might say it was signed for and that's that. I wouldn't chance it.