• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Condition Pet Peeves??

40 posts in this topic

Any rust on staples, no way.

Brittle pages, forget it.

Don't like crazy amounts of spine stress.

Pressing doesn't please me. If I know it's pressed, I will probably look for something else.

Being an exterminator, rat , silverfish,or any other pest is out of the question. Think about, if rats chew on it, there is a certainty that they urinated on it too. :eek:

:o I don't chew on many of my books, but I usually urinate on them before shipping - never had a complaint. :cool:

I only buy from you on asparagus night. :cloud9:

Honestly, top page edge yellowing, from sitting in open long boxes exposed to florescent lighting. Even on my "drek" readers, I cannot stand seeing white pages edges on the bottom and side, then seeing the horrid yellow on the top edge.

I've even gotten a few 9.8 slabs with the yellowed top edge that I've sent back.

I hate it when someone drew a mustache, beard, or glasses on the character on the cover.

strangesports6.jpg

The only book that could have gotten more of a chuckle from me would have been the X-Men #100 lol

Any rust on staples, no way.

Brittle pages, forget it.

Don't like crazy amounts of spine stress.

Pressing doesn't please me. If I know it's pressed, I will probably look for something else.

Being an exterminator, rat , silverfish,or any other pest is out of the question. Think about, if rats chew on it, there is a certainty that they urinated on it too. :eek:

(thumbs u

I'm not too picky as long as the price is reflective of condition. The only thing that does bother me is cover color fade...it would have to be a dirt cheap deal for me to ever buy a book that's faded.

Foxing.

And it's funny, but I could be okay with "stank" -- once bought a _huge_ stack of raw 4.5-7.0 Our Gang & early Tom & Jerry from an original owner in Puerto Rico. The books looked great but smelled. Cheap enough it didn't matter...

Water damage, waviness, foxing, stains, stickers, dirt, scribbles, soiling, musty odours, chews, pieces missing, staple pops, rust, sharp bends, tanning, spine splits, and full-length creases.

And it even bugs me to see a book in a wrinkled, yellowed poly bag.