• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE from Legendary Pictures (TBD)
6 6

797 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2021 at 3:26 PM, D84 said:

This is the official poster. I can't believe how phoned in it looks.

E8XALzZUUAE8oGJ.thumb.jpeg.f976ead7711fa2635b978d0c32f0ccdd.jpeg

Until I scrolled down to the "U" facing all four directions to spell "DUNE", it was still a Rogue One poster.

image.png.21bc6cb110096419cc0c57458632f794.png

Edited by valiantman

Honestly surprised this hasn’t been pushed back again.

The reported $165M production budget seems low given the scale of the story and the depth of the cast involved and Villeneuve has already said the simultaneous streaming on HBO Max - and attendant piracy - will basically make it impossible to be a financial success.

My guess is they'll announce it's being pushed to next year sometime in the coming week.

I hope I'm wrong.

Then again with the director saying Chani (not Paul) will be the protagonist of part two, I don't know if I care anymore.

On 8/14/2021 at 9:17 PM, D84 said:

My guess is they'll announce it's being pushed to next year sometime in the coming week.

I hope I'm wrong.

Then again with the director saying Chani (not Paul) will be the protagonist of part two, I don't know if I care anymore.

Say it ain't so? I just finished re-reading book 1 for the first time in 40 years.After seeing the 1984 movie countless time I never realized how far it strayed from the book.It was my hope that this would be true to Herbert's story.

Creative license is such a crime.

On 8/15/2021 at 5:11 PM, Toz said:

Say it ain't so? I just finished re-reading book 1 for the first time in 40 years.After seeing the 1984 movie countless time I never realized how far it strayed from the book.It was my hope that this would be true to Herbert's story.

Creative license is such a crime.

Hollywood attitude towards source material: this is a masterpiece, I must change it!

Well, if you want mostly book accurate, I'd go with the Sci-Fi Channel miniseries. The effects are pretty bad and the acting is hit or miss (I'm looking at you William Hurt) but it's probably the closest we'll ever get to Frank Herbert's book.

Dune-2000-poster.jpg.128ba2498363632c979cbceb072032e1.jpg

Edited by D84

On 8/15/2021 at 7:01 PM, D84 said:

Well, if you want mostly book accurate, I'd go with the Sci-Fi Channel miniseries. The effects are pretty bad and the acting is hit or miss (I'm looking at you William Hurt) but it's probably the closest we'll ever get to Frank Herbert's book.

Dune-2000-poster.jpg.128ba2498363632c979cbceb072032e1.jpg

I remember when this came out.I just watched it a little bit and at the time I was chasing other interests of a more fleshly goal :wink: