• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE from Legendary Pictures (TBD)
6 6

797 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2021 at 6:21 AM, Bosco685 said:

I get to read fanatically excessive 'MCU do no wrong' posts.

Love the double standard to fit their narratives as well. @therealsilvermane posts about Dune being a “massive borefest” after the metacritic reviews are posted. He praises Shang-Chi though which has a lower critical score. As for me, I plan to watch both movies and will hopefully enjoy them both. Then I will post my worthless opinion on what I have actually viewed.

On 9/4/2021 at 8:30 AM, Scam Likely said:

Love the double standard to fit their narratives as well. @therealsilvermane posts about Dune being a “massive borefest” after the metacritic reviews are posted. He praises Shang-Chi though which has a lower critical score. As for me, I plan to watch both movies and will hopefully enjoy them both. Then I will post my worthless opinion on what I have actually viewed.

If it ain't Disney, then it doesn't work in his perfect Mickey world.

mickey_jump.gif.51dbd5f57284875bbf8279bed6d856e9.gif

On 9/4/2021 at 9:25 AM, Bosco685 said:

If it ain't Disney, then it doesn't work in his perfect Mickey world.

mickey_jump.gif.51dbd5f57284875bbf8279bed6d856e9.gif

Man, Disney was the dream growing up. Until I turned 12. What kid didn’t want to go to Disneyland in the 80’s? I took my young daughters some years back and could not believe how expensive it was. If you actually want an experience for one week, you can scrap your plans on buying a used car or remodeling your home. 

On 9/4/2021 at 9:46 AM, Scam Likely said:

Man, Disney was the dream growing up. Until I turned 12. What kid didn’t want to go to Disneyland in the 80’s? I took my young daughters some years back and could not believe how expensive it was. If you actually want an experience for one week, you can scrap your plans on buying a used car or remodeling your home. 

Disney_Bad_Things.gif.92b7e2a102b3a15d661336e0f46562af.gif

:baiting:

Agreed! I still love taking my family to Disneyworld and seeing its movies and TV shows. It is the fanatics that make everything an unhealthy competition that detract from the fun. And whoa be another studio's comic book movie when such fanatics get box office numbers to play with.

hollywood_accounting01.png.0ddf0e7c78709f6fc907ab3622ccb210.png

On 9/4/2021 at 7:46 AM, Scam Likely said:

I didn't, but I was far from a normal kid

On 9/4/2021 at 6:30 AM, Scam Likely said:

Amazing how such a little designation defines the truth so succinctly. 

Nobody's opinions matter unless someone likes it

On 9/4/2021 at 8:30 AM, Scam Likely said:

Love the double standard to fit their narratives as well. @therealsilvermane posts about Dune being a “massive borefest” after the metacritic reviews are posted.

I think I've been predicting Dune might be kinda boring here for a while now. Some critics seem to have that view of the movie. Arrival and Blade Runner 2049 were both very very slow movies IMO, so logically Dune should be more of the same. Even so, I'm debating seeing it in IMAX for the spectacle.