• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Venom

57 posts in this topic

Per Comicsheatingup.net

"The new Venom in Venom #1 is a new first appearance. A quick search for the name shows no previous appearances (however you know how characters always end up in back panels of other books eventually.) However, since this is a new first appearance, it should make the Frankie’s Comics Dell’Otto Variant even more interesting."

Link to Article: https://comicsheatingup.net/2016/11/22/venom-1-spoilers/#more-17845

How is this a first appearance? Is there a new character or something that's going to be the suit's host?

Rumor has it...

74034DDD-4BA3-4966-B57D-1920D2D1731D_zpssplrh9u7.jpg

Rumor is WRONG. Not a single Venom or Lee appearance happens in that book.

I thought I was going crazy. I have flipped thru that book numerous times and didn't see Venom. Hate when they do that.

Patrick

They did a great job of giving Venom a reason to hate Spider-man. Once they got away from that he dropped down the Villain chart for me.

I enjoy Carnage so much more for a long time simply because he was what he was. Until they turned him good for awhile. Again stupid Marvel.

Carnage has the ability to be unlike any Spider-man Villain. I just ever wonder if they will ever go down that road.

What? You've got to be kidding.

So is "Venom" the symbiote + host? Symbiote + Eddie Brock? Did the symbiote change betweeen ASM #252 and ASM #300?

I get that the industry has accepted ASM #300 as the first appearance of Venom. But that was Eddie Brock's Venom. Everything else seems to be symbiote + host.

Full disclosure - I loved Venom back in the 90's when I was a teen. I only know Eddie Brock as "Venom".

Eddie Brock IS Venom in my book. Anyone else in the suit is just a ripoff.

d111d6bf-f8a1-47b6-8578-9356f6ab9c1a_zpsg6ufiiyo.png

Per Comicsheatingup.net

"The new Venom in Venom #1 is a new first appearance. A quick search for the name shows no previous appearances (however you know how characters always end up in back panels of other books eventually.) However, since this is a new first appearance, it should make the Frankie’s Comics Dell’Otto Variant even more interesting."

Link to Article: https://comicsheatingup.net/2016/11/22/venom-1-spoilers/#more-17845

How is this a first appearance? Is there a new character or something that's going to be the suit's host?

Rumor has it...

74034DDD-4BA3-4966-B57D-1920D2D1731D_zpssplrh9u7.jpg

Rumor is WRONG. Not a single Venom or Lee appearance happens in that book.

I thought I was going crazy. I have flipped thru that book numerous times and didn't see Venom. Hate when they do that.

Patrick

Even bigger issue, somebody was paid to do a cover and when they handed that in they thought to themselves, now THAT will get me another gig...crazy.

Jim

You mean Larry was wrong about Spawn #9 being the first appearance?

No that was Larry pumping up Spawn 9 for no apparent reason other than probably having 500 copies from when Angela made her debut in Age of Ultron 10 and then showing up in GotG. He had the book (Venom #1) for a few weeks before it came out so he obviously knew it wasn't the old dude, and honestly I can believe anyone bought into that to begin with. Would have had better luck showing a picture of Mugato with the way this Venoms facial features are portrayed in issue # 1 when bonded with Lee at first.

You mean Larry was wrong about Spawn #9 being the first appearance?

No that was Larry pumping up Spawn 9 for no apparent reason other than probably having 500 copies from when Angela made her debut in Age of Ultron 10 and then showing up in GotG. He had the book (Venom #1) for a few weeks before it came out so he obviously knew it wasn't the old dude, and honestly I can believe anyone bought into that to begin with. Would have had better luck showing a picture of Mugato with the way this Venoms facial features are portrayed in issue # 1 when bonded with Lee at first.

tumblr_lq9dgjqZjg1qg88mco1_500.gif