• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic You Want Most

105 posts in this topic

hm, probably a HG Four Color #74, but I probably couldn't afford one if it came on the market and I am pretty happy with my mid-grade copy.

Maybe Pogo #1? Raggedy Ann & Andy 32-38 have been a real bear to find I and I would jump for joy if I could pull one out of a dealer's box at a con someday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a Silver-Age Marvel collector, these two are totally different:

More Fun #73

Dectective Comics #140

in CGC 8.0 or better (but would accept a lesser grade with excellent eye appeal).

One day I will own these but I have a feeling it will be a long time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what attracts you to those two books?

I know that I wanted the More Fun #73 (first Aquaman and Green Arrow) forever (I'm talking when I was a teenager). Just something about having two first appearances in the same book just grabs my attention.

Detective Comics #140 is the first Riddler. Probably from watching the old 1960's TV reruns made me think that Batman's most famous villians are Joker, Penguin, Catwoman and The Riddler. Of those, only the Riddler first appearance would I have a real shot at getting in HG (because he came much later then the others).

Now that most of us have looked through the Overstreet, have been informed about the great covers plus fantastic artwork of various comics and have discussed undervalued comics i just wondered what 1 single comic do you want the most.

New Adventure 26

Yes - and it long since became tedious.

Give it up Brulato! sumo.gif

Is that who won that?

I gave it a go at around $600 I think which, unfortunately, was not nearly enough.

I agree with you, awesome book.

Yes, I believe so. I think my high bid was over $700.....but it was getting nuts. foreheadslap.gif

avengers23big.jpg

Oooh, ahhh. A perfect example as to why you should just throw out guide and pay more than what you normally would for a gorgeous book like that. White pages, pedigree, very sharp corners, nice PQ, cool cover. I don't think you would have a hard time recovering your money if you had to unload it.

Is that who won that?

I gave it a go at around $600 I think which, unfortunately, was not nearly enough.

I agree with you, awesome book.

Yes, I believe so. I think my high bid was over $700.....but it was getting nuts. foreheadslap.gif

What was the final price? Gotta link?