• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst issues of Amazing Spider Man
1 1

102 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Wasn't that Dans brother? 

If anyone is interesting in re-reading the first 17 issues plus the Annual, this is a great read.  Not every story was a winner though, but Stan was still getting into his groove with Spidey.  How Sandman was beaten with a vacuum cleaner is beyond me lol 

asm%20great%20power157.jpg

On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 2:32 PM, Buzzetta said:

What many do not realized is that Romita JR was brought in to do that DPS after the comic had already been scripted and written. Even Marvel had no idea what they were really doing which is why at the bottom there is the disclaimer that says, "Don't ask us."

I agree... it is the worst issue ever. It actually caused me to lose my enchantment with comics in general. However, it did make me stop buying almost all current books and focus on Silver keys and some Golden Age that I wanted to focus on.

Instead of a $100 a month habit, I started using that money in other places. So... at least there is that.

What issue is being referred to here as the image link does not work for me.

4 hours ago, mosconi said:

How Sandman was beaten with a vacuum cleaner is beyond me lol 

Not every situation requires an Ultimate Nullifier.

17 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

What issue is being referred to here as the image link does not work for me.

The first issue of Brand New Day... when Peter wakes up unmarried with Harry Osborn still alive. 

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The first issue of Brand New Day... when Peter wakes up unmarried with Harry Osborn still alive. 

ah, I have never read that. I hear it is awful so I have no motivation to see for myself. Thanks.

25 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

I bought Ross Andru spidey's as a kid but never liked his artwork and really looked more forward to the Marvel Tales reprints each month !!

I had said in a previous thread practically the same thing :) except mine was a subscription to Spiderman Classics in the late 80's

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had also bought some spidey comic off of ebay that said "...and bonus comic", and it turned out to be any issue from Brand New Day, what a drag lol 

I would have demanded a refund.

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

I bought Ross Andru spidey's as a kid but never liked his artwork and really looked more forward to the Marvel Tales reprints each month !!

:whatthe:

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had said in a previous thread practically the same thing :) except mine was a subscription to Spiderman Classics in the late 80's

Oh boy! :whatthe:

What is it about his art that you don't like guys? Seriously. To me, that's like saying you don't like breathing or something? 

1 hour ago, kav said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had also bought some spidey comic off of ebay that said "...and bonus comic", and it turned out to be any issue from Brand New Day, what a drag lol 

I would have demanded a refund.

Me too. Unless I was low on toilet paper that is :smirk:

3 minutes ago, kav said:

I have found that pages from New Day are not very absorbent though.

...yes, and they're already covered in sheite....

Just now, Marwood & I said:

...yes, and they're already covered in sheite....

they really are

14 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Oh boy! :whatthe:

What is it about his art that you don't like guys? Seriously. To me, that's like saying you don't like breathing or something? 

I guess I misspoke. Maybe it wasn't totally the art, but the books didn't look attractive when I was a kid (single digits) in the 80's. Seeing them in dollar bins didn't make me want to look through and when I did, it might have been tainted with looking at the new stuff. I can't say that I was old enough at the time to appreciate much. I liked JR JR growing up, but didn't know better. 

I guess the real reason I didn't like them was because it seemed an old style art but not old style writing, so I couldn't really get into it.

I also think that around Mcfarlane I was a bit older and it seemed modern.

if that makes any kind of sense:shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM