• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Must sell one, which should go? DD1 or ST 110?

42 posts in this topic

Howdy, folks. Seeking opinions!

I need to generate some funds and one of these two books must go. The Daredevil 1 is in FN or so condition, while the Strange Tales 110 is in VG. Which do you think has the most potential to increase in value over the next 5-10 years? I have a soft spot for ST, as the Ditka/Lee combination is so essential and Doc Strange is such a unique character, though neither of these are among my most important books and one must go. I'm most interested in future investment potential (whichever goes, it will make significant profit, so that's not really an issue).

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that the cover is not very attractive for ST110. I bought a complete run 101-end of series several years ago at auction for >500. Most are gone now, though I've held on to 101 and 110, though I should have waited a little longer on many of them! I will be listing tonight!

I would keep the ST110 imo as Marvel is just feeling out the supernatural side of it and with the success of Doctor Strange they'll be eager to try more.

Doctor strange has a longer term potential from what I see and there are fewer copies graded compared to DD #1.

So to answer your question the best answer would be ST110 but over the next two years or so it will be DD #1.

Keep both and start a lemonade stand.

Keep both and get rid of every other common book that you have that is taking up space.

If that is not viable sell the ST110. Daredevil is more important IMHO.

Yeah, the cover of ST 110 is really not good. I've always thought that.

Aside from the value commentary, I'm more apt to part with a book that doesn't have as cool of a cover as the other.

Both books would be tough to let go for me if I owned either one.

Personally, I would let the ST #110 go but that is because DD has a closer association with Spidey and the cover is better for DD #1.

Also from a "pop culture" point of view, Doctor Strange will have the movies but for how long? How many will Cumberbatch be involved with or how much will the he 'cross over' into the other movies? DD is blended into a larger Netflix universe and could have a long running series/life there, we have Defenders coming up, which DD will be a part of and then DD Season 3 in 2018.

Question: Would it be safe to say that among collectors DD has a larger following? DD has been able to sustain his own series since it started...Other than the early Strange issues, has there been a 'definitive' run with Doctor Strange like DD with Miller?

Both books would be tough to let go for me if I owned either one.

Personally, I would let the ST #110 go but that is because DD has a closer association with Spidey and the cover is better for DD #1.

Also from a "pop culture" point of view, Doctor Strange will have the movies but for how long? How many will Cumberbatch be involved with or how much will the he 'cross over' into the other movies? DD is blended into a larger Netflix universe and could have a long running series/life there, we have Defenders coming up, which DD will be a part of and then DD Season 3 in 2018.

Question: Would it be safe to say that among collectors DD has a larger following? DD has been able to sustain his own series since it started...Other than the early Strange issues, has there been a 'definitive' run with Doctor Strange like DD with Miller?

Strange will also be teaming up with DD because he's part of the new Avengers as well as the defenders. Also Dormammu is a phase four villain so you can be sure to see him as well as Doctor Strange as well. As long as he's around so will Strange and Dormammu has had battles with some pretty significant people in the marvel universe that you can do a lot with but that's just my opinion.