• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2016!

166 posts in this topic

Hey Gang, :hi:

My only positive contribution to the CGC boards is this my annual thread.

Show the comic board community your Top 3 Comic Book and/or Original Art purchases for your collection for the year ending 2016!

(Post only personal acquisitions, and not items you have sold or dealer profit books, etc...)

Provide a little background on each item in relation to why they were your top priority in 2016.

From my family to yours wishing everyone a Happy Holiday Season!

belvederedouble.jpg

John (nWo)

#1 Fantastic Four 1 CGC 5.5 OWW

e3331fc6-d432-4889-adfe-c513b033d582_zps6nc2twe3.jpg

I only got to buy one personal book in 2016, but it was a big one. This FF #1 with no Marvel chipping keep in mind (hehe) came from an OO collection out of SoCal. I take great pleasure in knowing this book was bought off the newsstand rack and now transferred into my hands 50+ years later. Very Happy with this book! :cloud9:

2017 I will be looking to buy HULK #1! :wishluck:

My 3 biggies are:

A NM 1971 'King Kirby Portfolio' signed by Jack Kirby himself :cloud9:

And these two pieces of original art:

Daredevil commission from Alex Maleev (February), this was my first time commissioning an artist for a specific piece, and I was blown away when Alex showed it to me. I've seen it pop-up randomly on Facebook art groups and the like and other websites since, and I'm very proud to be the owner of it.

cOfxAIJS_2202161421021_zpsq6igluji.jpg

Hellboy sketch by Mike Mignola (November). Mignola is hands down my favourite artist of all time, he's a huge influence on me and my career. And I finally met him this year, and got this sketch from him. I was grinning from ear to ear, it was amazing.

14962620_10210790032568746_2404465825023829486_n_zpsvsqj2hli.jpg

Waited many moons for this one to finally complete my TMNT first print #1-12 9.8 run. (Thank-you Rich!)

900C5C14-8E5D-455A-90B2-77EF914F27FB_zpsmnwnjfyb.jpg

This book completed my first three appearances of Black Widow in 9.4s (I already had #52, 53 and 57....but #55 has this cameo of her, so I look at is her 2 1/2 appearance if you will:)

99B063DA-DF1C-4618-BD3A-F388D206D6A9_zpslqoy0cwb.jpg

AB62823F-CF51-4AFA-9563-301C609B0F7A_zpsusllxnt6.jpg

One of the toughest 9.8 books out of my whole slabbed collection to acquire. Found a great seller on eBay who "actually" did have a great candidate to slab. Thanks to him, it is the sole 9.8 in census.

8852861F-5154-4ACB-8BBC-04C149D62CA5_zpsvqxenzxc.jpg

I have lots of stuff I bought this year which could qualify, but unfortunately it’s not scanned yet (many are rare european journal sized comics or wartime publications and stuff).

The only one I have scanned is this rarity, from Italy. Probably the only thing closest to a comic book based on actual tales by german correspondants in Russia – or what we could consider the only comic based on texts by military from nazist Germany.

Darn rare and in awesome condition – I love it! (they are four issues, two are comics, two are text with illustrations, so far I have two). :cloud9:

UkmgGgIh.jpg

Another one is an ASM #4, which I dreamed to have for a long time, that I have not in hand yet:

E4mcWbXh.jpg

These were all books I'd been wanting for various lengths of time...... tough books to find in decent condition.....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

M34gnyV.jpg

...this FF 13 isn't particularly difficult to find in grade, but finding one in grade with perfect centering with the full CCA stamp is not so easy......this one is now raw :cloud9:

w2D71Bu.jpg

.....this next one I never thought I'd find in an affordable mid grade..... I lucked out late one night on Worldwide Comics website....

gIu4yqF.jpg

...... this one is an honorable mention...

9yKNCsY.jpg

Thanks to Eric, I've almost completed my grail hunt, 2 down, 2 left.

20160919_095525_zpsja2uuckr.jpg

Then I managed to get one of my grails signed

20161102_145240_zpslwqmunku.jpg

And last but not least, I got another favored signature book. Again thank you :)

20160919_095640_zpshmmq50ey.jpg

With Calgary Expo and Boston Comic Con, this has been a great year for me

Hey Gang, :hi:

My only positive contribution to the CGC boards is this my annual thread.

Show the comic board community your Top 3 Comic Book and/or Original Art purchases for your collection for the year ending 2016!

(Post only personal acquisitions, and not items you have sold or dealer profit books, etc...)

Provide a little background on each item in relation to why they were your top priority in 2016.

From my family to yours wishing everyone a Happy Holiday Season!

belvederedouble.jpg

John (nWo)

#1 Fantastic Four 1 CGC 5.5 OWW

e3331fc6-d432-4889-adfe-c513b033d582_zps6nc2twe3.jpg

I only got to buy one personal book in 2016, but it was a big one. This FF #1 with no Marvel chipping keep in mind (hehe) came from an OO collection out of SoCal. I take great pleasure in knowing this book was bought off the newsstand rack and now transferred into my hands 50+ years later. Very Happy with this book! :cloud9:

2017 I will be looking to buy HULK #1! :wishluck:

Great looking copy for the grade !