• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2016!

166 posts in this topic

Each year it's difficult to choose 3 top pieces, but this year, choosing my top 1 is easy:

Colossus by Art Adams!

rnDd6rAa_0908161404191gpadd.jpg

A Spidey page by Nick Bradshaw that has everything you could ask for (look at that webbing!):

MVhjCuKH_2804161531491gpadd.jpg

And because it's so much fun, this Batman/TMNT sketch by Jeff Edwards:

20B9920A-F972-4E82-8D97-8305244B9541_zpsaklpgomo.jpg[/url]

Each year it's difficult to choose 3 top pieces, but this year, choosing my top 1 is easy:

Colossus by Art Adams!

rnDd6rAa_0908161404191gpadd.jpg

A Spidey page by Nick Bradshaw that has everything you could ask for (look at that webbing!):

MVhjCuKH_2804161531491gpadd.jpg

And because it's so much fun, this Batman/TMNT sketch by Jeff Edwards:

20B9920A-F972-4E82-8D97-8305244B9541_zpsaklpgomo.jpg[/url]

Duuuuude that sketch rocks! Congrats! :headbang:

Here are my best (most favorite) adds to my collection this year:

Ace Continuado Sketch Cover

nucPhih.jpg

Frank Kadar Sketch Cover

R5B9o98.jpg

Frank Miller & Klaus Janson signings

j8BSyj1.jpg

It's been a banner year but the first three that came to mind are...

#3 Elektra by Frank Miller

0311161456171.jpg

#2 Batman by Frank Miller

0311161440501.jpg

#1 Frankenstein Alive, Alive! Page from Bernie Wrightson

S3O76oUA_011216173935rot.jpeg

All great stuff, but that Wrightson page, I love it. I remember going through that first issue a number of times really slowly, there was something to admire on every page.

My focus remains on the silver age doctor strange titles. I wasn't sure if I was going to pick up anything that matched my other books in overall quality this year, but along came these three books. The 177 in particular is a very hard find in NM, and in my eyes is the key to the series for that reason (there are tons of 169s in 9.4+, and yeah I've had a 169 for many years). I'm just missing the right 179 now to complete the set. Anyway, here they are:

DS177.jpg

DS182.jpg

DS183.jpg

Peter,

I just saw this thread and read it through to the end (where I see the two books you posted). WOW!

Think I may want to wait a few more pages before I decide if I want to post or not. I don't think I want to post directly below your books. Those cast a BIG shadow. Congrats on some great pick ups! If anyone deserves them, it is you!

Thanks Rich !

I really like the DD1, Doc Joe's WWBN OA and the OP's FF1.

Honorable mention to Leroy's ASM1

All great picks (as are many of the books in this thread).

Other than the two you posted, I also very much like Batman Fan's copy of Mystery Men Comics (page 2 of thread) and I have to give at least an honorable mention to the single page 7 from Superman 1 (as seen on page 4 of the thread). Although I prefer my books complete, for those who collect "parts and pieces' this is a good one to have!