• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Fall Auction

264 posts in this topic

I thought the Det. 71 in 7.5 went for a song compaired to what the last two 8.0's went for

or maybe the 8.0s went for too much

Other than the 71, I thought the Joker cover detectives were pretty strong but not crazy. Batmans seemed pretty weak overall but no real key high grade books were offered so maybe not a surprise.

I thought the Det. 71 in 7.5 went for a song compaired to what the last two 8.0's went for

Other than the 71, I thought the Joker cover detectives were pretty strong but not crazy. Batmans seemed pretty weak overall but no real key high grade books were offered so maybe not a surprise.

I wonder how the overall winning bids vary between June and December auctions with respect to Heritage, ComicConnect & ComicLink. From my experience ( I have no real hard data to back this up), it seems that on average, books sell for about 15% less late in the year.

This for sure,

although the small piece out of the top of the spine on the 7.5 was distracting.

I didn't win any the Bats for Tecs. I was the underbidder on the Batman #73 but was too concerned spine staple/spine issues to go any higher.

The Marvel Mystery # 33 in 7.0 seemed to go for a song...I was the underbidder, and would've been more aggressive if I didn't just win the AS # 1 the night before. :P

I agree with the general sentiment that there aren't a ton of bargains this time around.....I've won just two books so far, and the other was a rather insignificant SA book. Don't seem to be any "must haves" left tonight, so the auction that started with a bang might end with a whimper.

...it's funny how tastes vary..... everything I really like IS tonight lol GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u