• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A sales thread for Roshni - A MESSAGE OF THANKS FROM KOLKATA
3 3

122 posts in this topic

Mixed Reader set (total 7 book lot) for a $100.00 SOLD

All to Roshni, I will cover shipping worldwide.

Amazing Ghost Stories 14 2.5 (Matt Baker c.; all attached but fragile; cf tight but fc fragile at staples, handle with care; otherwise wear consistent with grade)

My Own Romance 4.0

Strange Worlds 3 1.5 (cover detached with 4.5" split but cf still secure)

Comics on Parade 6 2.5 (Pressed)

King Comics 62 2.5 (4.5" torn & partially split length of spine; still all attached but fragile btm staple; 2 sm pieces of tape top & btm spine)

Treasure Chest vol 17 no. 2 3.0 (anti-communist series begins; letter from J Edgar Hoover)

Walt Disney's Comics & Stories 127 4.0 (cf loose @btm stple)

th_AGS-14-fc_zpslszad3rm.jpgth_AGS-14-bc_zps3q1dpd4s.jpgth_MyOwnR-36-fc_zpsfro9a2i0.jpgth_MyOwnR-36-bc_zps9rwizgnb.jpgth_StrangeWorlds-3-fc_zpsdf4esklz.jpgth_StrangeWorlds-3-bc_zpswmozgegr.jpgth_ConParade-6-fc_zps0uopltea.jpgth_ConParade-6-bc_zps629gpe70.jpg

th_KingComics-62-fc_zpsyk6ofycz.jpgth_KingComics-62-bc_zpspzresiwj.jpgth_TC-vol17-2-fc_zpsw4iwxqvd.jpgth_TC-vol17-2-bc_zpsep7psxvx.jpgth_WDCS-127-fc_zpskkuwmhp5.jpgth_WDCS-127-bc_zpscydq6vuf.jpg

Edited by crassus

Mixed Reader set (total 7 book lot) for a $100.00 Donation

Amazing Ghost Stories 14 2.5 (Matt Baker c.; all attached but fragile; cf tight but fc fragile at staples, handle with care; otherwise wear consistent with grade)

My Own Romance 4.0

King Comics 62 2.5 (4.5" torn & partially split length of spine; still all attached but fragile btm staple; 2 sm pieces of tape top & btm spine)

Treasure Chest vol 17 no. 2 3.0 (anti-communist series begins; letter from J Edgar Hoover)

th_AGS-14-fc_zpslszad3rm.jpgth_AGS-14-bc_zps3q1dpd4s.jpgth_MyOwnR-36-fc_zpsfro9a2i0.jpgth_MyOwnR-36-bc_zps9rwizgnb.jpgth_StrangeWorlds-3-fc_zpsdf4esklz.jpgth_StrangeWorlds-3-bc_zpswmozgegr.jpgth_ConParade-6-fc_zps0uopltea.jpgth_ConParade-6-bc_zps629gpe70.jpg

th_KingComics-62-fc_zpsyk6ofycz.jpgth_KingComics-62-bc_zpspzresiwj.jpgth_TC-vol17-2-fc_zpsw4iwxqvd.jpgth_TC-vol17-2-bc_zpsep7psxvx.jpgth_WDCS-127-fc_zpskkuwmhp5.jpgth_WDCS-127-bc_zpscydq6vuf.jpg

:takeit:

Mixed Reader set (total 7 book lot) for a $100.00 Donation

My Own Romance 4.0

:takeit:

:takeit: I knew those wouldnt last long! Thanks both!

:news: We have made our target. :news:

crassus :foryou:

ComCav :foryou:

Incredible Pulp :foryou:

143ksk :foryou:

Inaflash :foryou:

lizards2 :foryou:

MisterX :foryou:

Straw-Man :foryou:

jimjum12 :foryou:

Ricksneatstuff :foryou:

Larryw7 :foryou:

thirdgreenham :foryou:

walclark :foryou:

Norrin's lawyer :foryou:

skypinkblu :foryou:

MusterMark :foryou:

buttock :foryou:

Baz :foryou:

Comixcroz :foryou:

Scrooge :foryou:

VintageComics :foryou:

sacentaur :foryou:

GACollectibles :foryou:

Shrevvy :foryou:

Ryan. :foryou:

kelholt :foryou:

Anonymous donors :foryou::foryou::foryou:

IMG_6817_zpsdlqyzr0h.jpg

Staying open for last minute buys until Monday, when I will provide a final statement to close the thread.

If any other boardies were thinking of contributing books, please instead wait for skypinkblu's forthcoming fundraiser for another boardie, and contribute there instead.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9689926&nt=5&fpart=1

Edited by Flex Mentallo

Hi all

The thread closes having raised a total of $3811 from sales and donations, including 3 anonymous donations amounting to $600 independently of this thread (and with one lot selling for a bit less than the asking price listed).

$3811 = Rs 260,414, which I will round up if more is required.

Many thanks to everyone who sold, bought or otherwise contributed. My sincere thanks to you and previous donors, who have stayed in touch via pm to provide moral support.

Roshni now has ample funds to cover the next twelve months. Without the contributions from all of you, this would not have been possible.

I will keep you updated on further developments via Serendip.

Meanwhile, over Christmas I will post a series of photographic essays from my recent trip.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my fellow boardies for your efforts, and the CGC boards for enabling this to happen.

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all. God bless you, each and every one!

Michael

Edited by Flex Mentallo

I just want to say how awesome this thread is and the work you're doing for these girls. We often look at our immediate surroundings, and not at those whom we can't see. Giving like this affects the world in more ways than we know. You guys are really making a real impact in people's lives who truly need it. God bless!

Just to call your attention to the fact that I amended my previous post. I had erroneously counted the independent donations of $600 twice by mistake, and only realized this when I began to compare my total to payments received.

However we have still made our target, and should anything additional be required I will cover it.

Apologies for the error.

With one payment still outstanding (to be paid in January as agreed with the buyer), the money will sit quietly in a savings account until they request it.

I'm expecting that to be around mid-January.

Updates as promised in Serendip!