• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's holiday time and once again, time to have a heart and to help a heart.
2 2

101 posts in this topic

Something like this really puts the petty squabbles and misfit behavior that we (too) often see online into perspective.

This is just not about a board member in need, but it's also about a wife and a young son too.

Agreed. Everyone needs help at sometime. And a big thanks to Sharon for bringing this to everyone's attention and getting this running as well.

I have a pretty good idea of what Robb is going through, and I also know that he's going to get through this with flying colors. But it's very difficult, and I'm sure he can use all of the help he can get.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

My family and I want to thank everyone for their love, support and generosity. We are overwhelmed by the compassion on these boards from people I know, people I don't and even people whom have been at the other end of a discussion with me.

We sincerely appreciate everything everyone has done and continues to do. Everything helps!

And a special thanks to Bryan, Dave and most of all Sharon! I was floored with your offers to help and without you none of this would have been possible!

Love,

~Robb, Carah, Ford and Holland (the big grey one with a tail)

PS - we wish everyone has a safe, happy and love-filled holiday season!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Note: don't forget that all donations are through an official charity and tax deductible. Please reach out to me if you have any questions about anything.

Something like this really puts the petty squabbles and misfit behavior that we (too) often see online into perspective.

This is just not about a board member in need, but it's also about a wife and a young son too.

Agreed. Everyone needs help at sometime. And a big thanks to Sharon for bringing this to everyone's attention and getting this running as well.

+1

I don't want to mess up the fundraising thread, (although someone has been trying hard for days to do that) so I'm going to just post a statement here.

I was not going to address this, because I didn't want to upset Robb, but he already knows, and I think Stu has had MORE than enough attention, (he's had quite a few IDs this weekend).

But frankly I'm tired of seeing the posts pop up, so although a very good, very smart friend told me not to post, I'm going to go against his advice.

Yes, Robb had another board name. I think MOST people knew that, and if they didn't, I doubt they'd care.

He changed it last May http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9368538#Post9368538

He was hospitalized in August. One had nothing to do with the other.

Robb said to me, he didn't think he'd be all that popular, and I told him I had one question. "Are you an Axe murderer? He said no. I believe him.

The fact that Stu, a shill who was banned 11 years ago, and has had a 1,000 names, is upset that Robb had 2, boggles my mind.

One other person pmed me, to inform me about the name change, I told him I already knew. My answer was, not to participate if they didn't want to, so they have not, which is FINE. I'm sure that a few other people are not interested for one reason or another, that's FINE, too. There are a lot of threads on this board that do not interest me, I don't crash them.

Now Stu is also concerned that Robb had a few strikes. I have no idea how many, I didn't look, nor will I. I do however, know, that if my neighbor had a few parking tickets and he was ill, I wouldn't care about the parking tickets either.

I know I'm not perfect, unlike some other people (especially someone who has been a shill for 11 years) I don't expect perfection in others.

Now I KNOW that someone or maybe even a few someones could pick apart my analogy, because to them a comic book chat board might be more important than driving a car.

I don't, and it's just an analogy that popped into my head. Sometimes a duck is just a duck.

And sometimes people make no sense at all. I can't fix that, but I'd apreciate it, if they would just grow up and cut it out.

Edited by skypinkblu

Sha,

In know you are not perfect… lol

(Just kidding, our "wounded pride" always tries to resurrect, while it must stay down). :)

This comment puts once again everything into perspective: as I have repeatedly said, I don’t care at all if one is "brilliant", "intelligent", "funny" or about whatever quality one might appreciate most. A person is just wrong, dead wrong, as everyone of us is, when he continues to "pile on" on incidents (or even bad things) happened aeons ago. Or when, for whatever reasons, he choses a "target" and can’t help seeing there are really LARGER problems than our petty egos…

So, let’s make this "special" for rfoii/Rob/Speed Force. I recall there was some stir or brusqueness in the past, but who cares? Now we need a heart, so even a small donation helps… (thumbs u

Stu has lost my respect.

But he can still win. (thumbs u

Why not make a small donation, Stu? ;)

Could that donation be to show a little respect and stop wasting people's time?

Wikipedia:

Primum non nocere is a Latin phrase that means "first, do no harm." The phrase is sometimes recorded as primum nil nocere.

Non-maleficence, which is derived from the maxim, is one of the principal precepts of bioethics that all American healthcare students are taught in school and is a fundamental principle throughout the world. Another way to state it is that, "given an existing problem, it may be better not to do something, or even to do nothing, than to risk causing more harm than good."

... It is invoked when debating the use of an intervention that carries an obvious risk of harm but a less certain chance of benefit.

Non-maleficence is often contrasted with its corollary, beneficence.

I believe Robb's strike was the result of contention with another boardie a while back. That boardie stepped up and won one of Robb's high-dollar books in the recent CLink auction. (Books he was selling to help finance his medical expenses.) It seems to me that action should lay to rest anyone else's concern about that episode.

I believe Robb's strike was the result of contention with another boardie a while back. That boardie stepped up and won one of Robb's high-dollar books in the recent CLink auction. (Books he was selling to help finance his medical expenses.) It seems to me that action should lay to rest anyone else's concern about that episode.

Stu could have learned something from this.

Let me tell you all something. There are a couple of you on these boards that i don't like because you have been rude to me or made remarks to cause arguments between myself and other board members. But if even you were sick and needed help it's my duty as a human being to help you out and do anything I can.

That’s what I like to hear, Solar Boy! (thumbs u