• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2019 at 6:05 PM, Gaard said:

Just saw it. A couple of thoughts...

- Loved it when Happy threw the shield.

- Throughout the whole movie I kept thinking that Fury was behaving like more of an ahole than usual. The I saw the ACS & wondered if he was supposed to come across like that.

- Was there a Stan cameo?

Liked the movie. Liked Endgame better. IMDB has a quote by (don't know) saying it's "the best superhero movie of the year". Endgame was better.

I'm not using spoiler tags. If you haven't seen the movie yet, why are you reading page 22 of this thread?

Stan Lee's final cameo was in Endgame. Which I think was appropriate.

On 7/6/2019 at 7:00 PM, kav said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This is a lame old DC plot excuse-whenever superman was in trouble, supergirl, krypto and the JLA were 'away on a space mission'.

Ps I saw the post credit scene where JJJ told everyone parker was spider man but I didnt see any skrull post credit scene.  Was there a post post credit scene?

Spoiler

Nick Fury is probably creating S.W.O.R.D. or something far more important than running a small group of spies on Earth. Obviously, we won't know what, until later in the MCU. So he's not just MIA for no reason. It's not like Talos is incapable of performing basic human tasks. He had/has a similar positions among the Skrulls as their leader anyways. He was mainly tasked with giving EDITH to Parker.

Spoiler

Did anyone else think, when the movie started with the "I will always love you" music that they were doing another tribute to Stan?   That made me laugh right off the bat when instead of Stan, it was for Tony.

I really enjoyed this movie on so many levels.  If Infinity War & Endgame were 10 out of 10 in ratings, then Far from home is probably an 11 for me.  They hit it out of the park.  

23 minutes ago, gadzukes said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Did anyone else think, when the movie started with the "I will always love you" music that they were doing another tribute to Stan?   That made me laugh right off the bat when instead of Stan, it was for Tony.

I really enjoyed this movie on so many levels.  If Infinity War & Endgame were 10 out of 10 in ratings, then Far from home is probably an 11 for me.  They hit it out of the park.  

To your spoiler - yes. lol

6 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

To your spoiler - yes. lol

Spoiler

Do you think that was a planned fake out?  I was ready for Stan's face to pop up on the screen, get a nice little applause, and then move into the movie.  I kind of think they knew that we fans would all be expecting that.  It was brilliant, and my audience all laughed.

Just now, STORMSHADOW_80 said:
  Hide contents

You would think with the facial recognition software (that was even shown with Edith) they would have saw who he was...

Spoiler

yup.  It makes no sense Fury would leave and ask two nitwits to take over for him.

1 minute ago, kav said:
  Reveal hidden contents

yup.  It makes no sense Fury would leave and ask two nitwits to take over for him.

Spoiler

Spider-Man 2 could have been anything. So many stories to pick from, but instead they all sat in a room and were like how can we make this movie tie into everything Tony Stark. While we're at it lets have Spider-Man start doing Tony Stark stuff building new suits, telling Happy what to do, etc. Whatever happened to Spider-Man being Spider-Man?

1 minute ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:
  Hide contents

Spider-Man 2 could have been anything. So many stories to pick from, but instead they all sat in a room and were like how can we make this movie tie into everything Tony Stark. While we're at it lets have Spider-Man start doing Tony Stark stuff building new suits, telling Happy what to do, etc. Whatever happened to Spider-Man being Spider-Man?

Spoiler

Plus um I thought captain marvel was supposed to be the new tony stark leader figure not some punk kid wtf.

3 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Agreed. So...now Spider-Man has his own personal Q -- replete with a Quinjet -- in Happy. We're a long way from the struggling kid balancing high school classes with a side job doing photography for the Daily Bugle...

Good movie.  Good use of the 3d.  Enjoyed Gyllenhal (sp?), he channeled his nightcrawler (indy movie, not the xmen) a little bit.  I think I liked it just a splash less than homecoming.

I did find it a bit too stark centric.  Not as good as the animated spiderverse movie though, which I LOVED.  But likely worth a watch for anyone reading this specific thread.

15 hours ago, gadzukes said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Do you think that was a planned fake out?  I was ready for Stan's face to pop up on the screen, get a nice little applause, and then move into the movie.  I kind of think they knew that we fans would all be expecting that.  It was brilliant, and my audience all laughed.

I do. It was great lol.

@kav If you didn't know about the second end-credit scene in this movie, I can't help but wonder how many post-credit scenes you've missed in the last few years.  They've had 2 post-credit scenes in most Marvel movies for years. 

Spoiler

I do wonder which direction they will take with Spider-man moving forward as it relates to Spider-man's identity getting leaked.  Two main options:

-They can deny it.  In fact, they can make a pretty solid case considering the world at large doesn't know the Skrulls exist.  A Skrull could take Peter's form while Peter suits up and does Spidey stuff while the two are in clear view of each other.  They've done similar stuff in the comics.  If I remember correctly Matt Murdock was on trial and people were accusing him of being Daredevil.  While Matt was on the stand, Peter walked in wearing a Daredevil outfit and did a bunch of flips and such to throw people off the trail.  Or maybe I have it backwards and Matt dressed up like Spidey, but you get the gist. 

-They can turn into the skid.  While this would mess with Peter's personal life the most, I don't see his Super-hero life changing all that much.  In fact, it'd probably be easier if he didn't have to be so discreet at the time.  After all, the whole planet knew who Iron Man and Captain America were.  In fact, the only time people seemed to go after loved ones was when Tony basically dared them to on national television.  I can see Aunt May moving into wherever the Avengers make their base now (an adult Mary Jane did this in the comics when Peter made his identity public).  I suppose the biggest liability is MJ, which seems like the obvious move for the next bad guy.

More than anything, I want to see Flash's reaction to the news.  :roflmao:

37 minutes ago, Turtle said:

@kav If you didn't know about the second end-credit scene in this movie, I can't help but wonder how many post-credit scenes you've missed in the last few years.  They've had 2 post-credit scenes in most Marvel movies for years. 

I honestly almost got pissed when Age of Ultron had a mid-credit scene and not a post-credit scene.

2 hours ago, Turtle said:
  Hide contents

I do wonder which direction they will take with Spider-man moving forward as it relates to Spider-man's identity getting leaked.  Two main options:

-They can deny it.  In fact, they can make a pretty solid case considering the world at large doesn't know the Skrulls exist.  A Skrull could take Peter's form while Peter suits up and does Spidey stuff while the two are in clear view of each other.  They've done similar stuff in the comics.  If I remember correctly Matt Murdock was on trial and people were accusing him of being Daredevil.  While Matt was on the stand, Peter walked in wearing a Daredevil outfit and did a bunch of flips and such to throw people off the trail.  Or maybe I have it backwards and Matt dressed up like Spidey, but you get the gist. 

-They can turn into the skid.  While this would mess with Peter's personal life the most, I don't see his Super-hero life changing all that much.  In fact, it'd probably be easier if he didn't have to be so discreet at the time.  After all, the whole planet knew who Iron Man and Captain America were.  In fact, the only time people seemed to go after loved ones was when Tony basically dared them to on national television.  I can see Aunt May moving into wherever the Avengers make their base now (an adult Mary Jane did this in the comics when Peter made his identity public).  I suppose the biggest liability is MJ, which seems like the obvious move for the next bad guy.

More than anything, I want to see Flash's reaction to the news.  :roflmao:

I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but they could use the Prowler like they did in the comics. Technically he's already been introduced with Donald Glover, but I don't know how likely they would be to bring him back.

4 hours ago, Turtle said:

I have missed all of them

So FFH last night. A good continuation of the MCU Peter Parker story, and a solid villain portrayal by Jake Gyllenhaal. And yes, I stuck around for the credit scenes. :shy:

But to me, not a film I would rewatch repeatedly. I still feel Tobey Maguire portrayed a more troubled and loner Peter Parker dealing with life challenges while having to save people around him. And to me, Doc Ock is still the strongest Spidey Cinema Universe villains, followed by Michael Keaton's Vulture.

No disrespect to Tom Holland's character, which is our current Peter Parker/Spider-Man. He just comes across too cool and easily able to overcome his situations.

Spoiler

That post-credits scene with Nick Fury didn't work for me. He would entrust the guidance and support of Peter Parker to Talos when this could have blew up and become a much deadlier situation while he sat out and guided less threatening events? I can't see that.

Edited by Bosco685
OOPS - meant that to be a spoiler