• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Did Edith disable the drones entirely?  All I heard her say was that their illusions were down.  They could still be classified as "active" yet still not be projecting their holography since they have multiple functions.

That seems unlikely. At that point Mysterio no longer had control over Edith, so he wouldn't have access to download any illusions or know how many drones are active. 

Just now, Kon_Jelly said:

That seems unlikely. At that point Mysterio no longer had control over Edith, so he wouldn't have access to download any illusions or know how many drones are active. 

I'm definitely counting on the forumite having viewed this 3 times now over a short period to set this straight. Some really good points made in fleshing out those ending details.

After the details here of what we most probably witnessed in the film was yet one more illusion by Mysterio and team, where do we think he could pop up next other than the sequel? Could he make an appearance in the rumored Sony Sinister Six film? I'm still confused how Sony would even pull this off WITHOUT a Spider-Man as their central attack candidate.

By the way, after seeing that Spider-Man 4 sketch from Jefferey Henderson (storyboard artist for Sam Raimi), I had a feeling they intended a fellow long-term pal to take on the role.

Jeffrey Henderson, who worked on the storyboards for the cancelled fourth Spider-Man film, said in 2016 that Bruce Campbell, who made varying cameos throughout the Sam Raimi Spider-Man film series, was intended to cameo as Mysterio in the film's opening montage of C and D- list villains.

Mysterio01.PNG.0f7d4a9201628bffb450bf21e7816dd1.PNG

Now that would have been interesting back then, as he can play quite the troubled and twisted character.

Mysterio02.PNG.8cba14f987d198969671ae059c0a2a40.PNG

Edited by Bosco685

Loved this movie so much. It’s felt like the last little bit of magic from the 11 year run. I’m sorta iffy on phase 4, maybe the magic is going to flame out and Disney manages to blunt the power of brand...but that can’t change the last 11 years of just awesome films and great stories. This was the perfect Spider-Man movie, it was fun and suspenseful and often times sweet and endearing...if that’s the end of the line and the films go down hill, so be it at least it went out in top form.

40 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

This was the perfect Spider-Man movie, it was fun and suspenseful and often times sweet and endearing...if that’s the end of the line and the films go down hill

From what I hear there will be one more Sony/Marvel/ Holland movie. The deal was for three, so it`s not over yet. 

https://observer.com/2019/07/marvel-tom-holland-spider-man-sony-contract-details-venom/ 

That deal was intended to include three solo films and three appearances in MCU team-up features. Far From Home marks Holland’s second standalone film following supporting appearances in Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. That leaves just one more movie on Holland’s contract.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Just saw it last night, by far the most enjoyable Spider-Man film and a perfect rendition of my favourite villain Mysterio. It fit nicely within the MCU and i'm glad they addressed the technological connection and close bonds felt between Peter and Tony (as well as all the other characters in their lives) the way they did.

The biggest single-character franchise of the superhero film genre. Though a few of these (Venom, Into the Spider-Verse) were not focused on Peter Parker as the primary lead.

DC_MCU_BO190724a.thumb.PNG.e635420970b67399b5b59eb0a9fcddab.PNG

And why Sony will most probably do all it can to never let this franchise go.

So i'm gonna put money on the next movie doing the following:

Spider-Man now regarded as THE villain by everyone is seen terrorizing the city, and so JJJ petitions public support for a NEW team of respectable heroes to help stop this menace. Mysterio reveals himself to be alive, saying he faked his death as to get the murderous Spider-Man off his trail, and is propped up as the protector of New York and leader of a new super team that will make stopping Spider-Man the #1 priority. All the antics will be covered, with heavy bias, by the DailyBugle. 

Though i'll wager that Mysterio isn't real and only a hologram by one of his associates - as is the 'villainous' Spider-Man seen in many news reports, but the other members of the team are quite real (Vulture, Scorpion, Shocker, Black Cat, and honestly I would love to see them take the opportunity to create a brand new minor villain for just the movies to round out this version of the Sinister Six).

basically what I mean is....GIVE ME MORE MYSTERIO!!!! :D

15 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Spider-Man now regarded as THE villain by everyone is seen terrorizing the city, and so JJJ petitions public support for a NEW team of respectable heroes to help stop this menace. Mysterio reveals himself to be alive, saying he faked his death as to get the murderous Spider-Man off his trail, and is propped up as the protector of New York and leader of a new super team that will make stopping Spider-Man the #1 priority. All the antics will be covered, with heavy bias, by the DailyBugle. 

Though i'll wager that Mysterio isn't real and only a hologram by one of his associates - as is the 'villainous' Spider-Man seen in many news reports, but the other members of the team are quite real (Vulture, Scorpion, Shocker, Black Cat, and honestly I would love to see them take the opportunity to create a brand new minor villain for just the movies to round out this version of the Sinister Six).

Wouldn't it be great if the Sinister Six were not only the penultimate Spidey villains in the MCU, but a means for the next team-up..?

Imagine: "Avengers: Spider-Verse". 1st credit scene for 'in the Multiverse of Madness' sees Green Goblin and Doc Oc cross-universe. 2nd credit scene sees Lizard and Electro cross-universe. Turns out Vulture and Mysterio were working on the theory that the multiverse actually does exist (with Baron Mordo and Dormammu sorcery).

Then, in Phase 5, the credit scene for Spider-Man 3 (released at the tail end - right before Avengers 5) shows Doctor Strange arrive in Parker's presence with Maguire and Garfield as Spider-Men.

Crazy :censored:.

On 7/24/2019 at 4:00 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Sounds plausible.  Not sure I want to see it overrun with villains though.   

I could see them bringing on Kraven to hunt the "public menace" Spider-Man.  

On 7/16/2019 at 8:29 AM, Bosco685 said:

After the details here of what we most probably witnessed in the film was yet one more illusion by Mysterio and team, where do we think he could pop up next other than the sequel? Could he make an appearance in the rumored Sony Sinister Six film? I'm still confused how Sony would even pull this off WITHOUT a Spider-Man as their central attack candidate.

By the way, after seeing that Spider-Man 4 sketch from Jefferey Henderson (storyboard artist for Sam Raimi), I had a feeling they intended a fellow long-term pal to take on the role.

Now that would have been interesting back then, as he can play quite the troubled and twisted character.

Mysterio02.PNG.8cba14f987d198969671ae059c0a2a40.PNG

Is that suppose to be Bruce Campbell as Mysterio LOL? I'd love top see him in the MCU.  I just can't think of a role that would fit him...

9 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Is that suppose to be Bruce Campbell as Mysterio LOL? I'd love top see him in the MCU.  I just can't think of a role that would fit him...

If you want to utilize Bruce Campbell at his full acting capabilities best, it would have to be a character that is boastful and loud. But also account for his age now that he is 61.

Big Man or the Tinkerer?