• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's holiday time and once again, time to have a heart and to help a heart
2 2

281 posts in this topic

What I'm seeing here makes me proud to be a member on these boards. Thank you all for being great people.

Jimbo.....great story....love it

... right before he snagged those graphic novels for me, we had been going back and forth with this argument/debate about how many raw AF 15's were still in collections...... I think, next to Jaydawg, he's the hardest headed person I've ever met..... and I don't bestow that distinction lightly lol ...we were going at it so hard I had to take it to P.M..... and we became friends (...with opposing viewpoints) ...... he's in my prayers for sure. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

What I'm seeing here makes me proud to be a member on these boards. Thank you all for being great people.

... right before he snagged those graphic novels for me, we had been going back and forth with this argument/debate about how many raw AF 15's were still in collections...... I think, next to Jaydawg, he's the hardest headed person I've ever met..... and I don't bestow that distinction lightly lol ...we were going at it so hard I had to take it to P.M..... and we became friends (...with opposing viewpoints) ...... he's in my prayers for sure. GOD BLESS...

Great friendships always start this way....

:news:

Update For Available Items

(if there are any mistakes, please let me know)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confessions Illustrated #1 and #2 - $165 (shipped worldwide)

donated by skypinkblu

"M" by John J. Muth (Abrams 1st Edition 2008 HC) - $15.00 (US and Canada shipping free, 50/50 split if shipped International)

donated by crassus

Five book lot of Marvel books - $60 (US shipping free, first $15 covered for international)

Tales to Astonish #58 VG/FN - bought from Harley Yee at a comic con

Tales to Astonish #85 VG/FN

Tales to Astonish #88 VG/FN - nice gloss

Avengers #59 VG

Giant Size Fantastic Four #2 VG/FN

donated by frozentundraguy

The Brave and the Bold #15 (5.0) - $100 (shipped worldwide)

donated by SOLAR BOY

7 COMIC BOOK LOT (w/some surprise freebies) - $60 (shipped worldwide)

Giant Size Captain Marvel #1---Here is a solid 6.0 copy. Has nice interior pages and no missing pages or rips/tears.

DR. Strange King Size Annual #1--Here is a very sharp 8.0 or better copy.

The Sub-Mariner King Size Special #1--This is an 8.5 or better copy. Very sharp with great yellow cover.

Incredible Hulk Annual #9--This is another very sharp 8.5 or better copy.

Marvel Premiere #57 & #58--The first two Dr. Who appearances. Both are solid. #57 looks 7.5 or better and #58 looks 9.0 or better.

Isis #1--This is a solid book. Looks like a 7.0. Could use a press for sure.

donated by SOLAR BOY

Freddy vs Jason vs Ash: The Nightmare Warriors 1-6 (NM) - $50 (shipped to US and Canada free)

. includes the 3 different #1 covers and the 2 covers for #2 - 9 comics total

donated by DeadOne

LOVERS 81 (detached centerfold, Marvel chipping) - $35 (shipped US only)

donated by jimjum12

MY LITTLE MARGE (Low grade but solid - Beatles Cover) - $35 (shipped US only)

donated by jimjum12

Kamandi Lot 1-10 - $75 (shipped Canada/USA)

. 1 VF, 2 VF/NM, 3 VF+, 4 VF/NM, 5 VF/NM, 6 VF, 7 F+, 8 VG/F moisture bottom, 9 F-, 10 F-

donated by Mr Sneeze

Nice reading lot of 19 comics - $120 (shipped worldwide)

AITU #73 FVF Classic cover!

20161210_085844_zpsx8kzti9a.jpg

AITU #73 GD (has the look of a high grade book but lower staple is detached, there is browning to all edges, and I think it is 'on the turn') My favorite ACG cover - feel free to laugh, and mock!

20161210_085848_zpsbrirfhan.jpg

FORBIDDEN WORLDS #84 FN - Wait - this is my favorite ACG cover!

20161210_085852_zpsekgzanee.jpg

AITU #120 FN - Read this when I was a kid. Features a femme fatale from the earth's core who is slain by an ice cream - but then, she is only 6 inches tall!

20161210_085859_zps2ows9fvm.jpg

FORBIDDEN WORLDS #145 VG-ish. Some creasing to front cover. The Timeless Tribe is such an evocative and epic love-for-an-alien tragedy that for many years I assumed it must be a reprint from ACG's early days. In he end I realized that even with it's last breath, ACG was still creating stories with the same passion as before.

20161210_085855_zpsjnk1toau.jpg

Sub-mariner #57 in VFNM

20161210_093736_zpss1wkfvtk.jpg

Then we have the Typhoid Mary saga from Daredevil's classic period - #254, #255, #256, #259, #260, #261, #297 NM or thereabouts. Evil, evil, evil! Nice, nice, nice! (Hic - darn that egg nog)

20161210_093752_zpskgjcmqor.jpg

Timewarp #1 - #5 in mid-grade - more great Kaluta covers and some entertaining sc fi stories!

20161210_093756_zpsjgghjqlj.jpg

The semi-classic and poetic Children of Doom in mid-grade. 'Tell me again how the world ended, daddy.' 'Well see honey, there was this election in the United States and...'

20161210_093740_zpsunbbkqkr.jpg

And finally, DC's facsimile edition of the rare Love Stories giant in NM.

20161210_093745_zpsnmz2stbm.jpg

donated by Flex Mentallo

The United States Marines #3 (CGC 4.5) - $400 (shipped worldwide)

donated by thirdgreenham

Robyn Hood: I Love NY - VIP Edition (CGC 9.8) - $100 (shipped worldwide)

donated anonymously

TMNT 12 book lot and 1992 portfolio - $80 (shipped worldwide)

TMNT 50 signed by Robert Rodriguez and Kevin Eastman, TMNT blank signed and sketch by both as well, TMNT 2 3rd print, TMNT variant, TMNT11, Shell of the dragon, Donatello 1, and others.

The Portfolio is really cool, and has 9 NM proofs from classic turtle artists. Outer "shell" has some bends.

image_zpsmnm4jr0m.jpeg

image_zpsdzsbwmra.jpeg

image_zpsgxh9h5qm.jpeg

image_zpssjxwwjos.jpeg

image_zpsmyxcx8ht.jpeg

image_zpsr0rlyuct.jpeg

donated by SpideyFein

Jose Varese sketch of X23 on a blank - $50 (shipped worldwide)

donated by cryptics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the link if you want to make a cash donation to Robb. HelpHopeLive - A New Heart for Robb

Edited by DeadOne

:bump:

Confessions Illustrated #1 and #2 - $165 (shipped worldwide)

donated by skypinkblu

"M" by John J. Muth (Abrams 1st Edition 2008 HC) - $15.00 (US and Canada shipping free, 50/50 split if shipped International)

donated by crassus

Five SIX book lot of Marvel books - $60 $50 (US shipping free, first $15 covered for international)

. Tip Top Comics #70 - Great Gag cover. Reader copy one page has a dark stain, 4 pages missing Pg 31-34 (one Fritzi Ritz, 2 ad pages and the starting page of a Lil Abner story)

. Tales to Astonish #58 VG/FN - bought from Harley Yee at a comic con

. Tales to Astonish #85 VG/FN

. Tales to Astonish #88 VG/FN - nice gloss

. Avengers #59 VG

. Giant Size Fantastic Four #2 VG/FN

The Brave and the Bold #15 (5.0) - $100 (shipped worldwide)

donated by SOLAR BOY

7 COMIC BOOK LOT (w/some surprise freebies) - $60 (shipped worldwide)

Giant Size Captain Marvel #1---Here is a solid 6.0 copy. Has nice interior pages and no missing pages or rips/tears.

DR. Strange King Size Annual #1--Here is a very sharp 8.0 or better copy.

The Sub-Mariner King Size Special #1--This is an 8.5 or better copy. Very sharp with great yellow cover.

Incredible Hulk Annual #9--This is another very sharp 8.5 or better copy.

Marvel Premiere #57 & #58--The first two Dr. Who appearances. Both are solid. #57 looks 7.5 or better and #58 looks 9.0 or better.

Isis #1--This is a solid book. Looks like a 7.0. Could use a press for sure.

donated by SOLAR BOY

Freddy vs Jason vs Ash: The Nightmare Warriors 1-6 (NM) - $50 (shipped to US and Canada free)

. includes the 3 different #1 covers and the 2 covers for #2 - 9 comics total

donated by DeadOne

LOVERS 81 (detached centerfold, Marvel chipping) - $35 (shipped US only)

donated by jimjum12

MY LITTLE MARGE (Low grade but solid - Beatles Cover) - $35 (shipped US only)

donated by jimjum12

Kamandi Lot 1-10 - $75 (shipped Canada/USA)

. 1 VF, 2 VF/NM, 3 VF+, 4 VF/NM, 5 VF/NM, 6 VF, 7 F+, 8 VG/F moisture bottom, 9 F-, 10 F-

donated by Mr Sneeze

Nice reading lot of 19 comics - $120 (shipped worldwide)

AITU #73 FVF Classic cover!

20161210_085844_zpsx8kzti9a.jpg

AITU #73 GD (has the look of a high grade book but lower staple is detached, there is browning to all edges, and I think it is 'on the turn') My favorite ACG cover - feel free to laugh, and mock!

20161210_085848_zpsbrirfhan.jpg

FORBIDDEN WORLDS #84 FN - Wait - this is my favorite ACG cover!

20161210_085852_zpsekgzanee.jpg

AITU #120 FN - Read this when I was a kid. Features a femme fatale from the earth's core who is slain by an ice cream - but then, she is only 6 inches tall!

20161210_085859_zps2ows9fvm.jpg

FORBIDDEN WORLDS #145 VG-ish. Some creasing to front cover. The Timeless Tribe is such an evocative and epic love-for-an-alien tragedy that for many years I assumed it must be a reprint from ACG's early days. In he end I realized that even with it's last breath, ACG was still creating stories with the same passion as before.

20161210_085855_zpsjnk1toau.jpg

Sub-mariner #57 in VFNM

20161210_093736_zpss1wkfvtk.jpg

Then we have the Typhoid Mary saga from Daredevil's classic period - #254, #255, #256, #259, #260, #261, #297 NM or thereabouts. Evil, evil, evil! Nice, nice, nice! (Hic - darn that egg nog)

20161210_093752_zpskgjcmqor.jpg

Timewarp #1 - #5 in mid-grade - more great Kaluta covers and some entertaining sc fi stories!

20161210_093756_zpsjgghjqlj.jpg

The semi-classic and poetic Children of Doom in mid-grade. 'Tell me again how the world ended, daddy.' 'Well see honey, there was this election in the United States and...'

20161210_093740_zpsunbbkqkr.jpg

And finally, DC's facsimile edition of the rare Love Stories giant in NM.

20161210_093745_zpsnmz2stbm.jpg

donated by Flex Mentallo

donated by thirdgreenham

Robyn Hood: I Love NY - VIP Edition (CGC 9.8) - $100 (shipped worldwide)

donated anonymously

TMNT 12 book lot and 1992 portfolio - $80 (shipped worldwide)

TMNT 50 signed by Robert Rodriguez and Kevin Eastman, TMNT blank signed and sketch by both as well, TMNT 2 3rd print, TMNT variant, TMNT11, Shell of the dragon, Donatello 1, and others.

The Portfolio is really cool, and has 9 NM proofs from classic turtle artists. Outer "shell" has some bends.

image_zpsmnm4jr0m.jpeg

image_zpsdzsbwmra.jpeg

image_zpsgxh9h5qm.jpeg

image_zpssjxwwjos.jpeg

image_zpsmyxcx8ht.jpeg

image_zpsr0rlyuct.jpeg

donated by SpideyFein

Here is the link if you want to make a cash donation to Robb. HelpHopeLive - A New Heart for Robb

Edited by DeadOne

Sweet story Jimjum on your becoming friends with Robb!

Ok, lets knock off $10 for the 5 book lot and make it a six book lot to boot.

Six book lot of Marvel & Tip Top for $50 - Free Shipping in US. I will cover the first $15 for International shipping

Tip Top Comics #70 - Great Gag cover. Reader copy one page has a dark stain, 4 pages missing Pg 31-34 (one Fritzi Ritz, 2 ad pages and the starting page of a Lil Abner story), I have a second copy and know this, thanks to Shar! (thumbs u

Tales to Astonish #58 VG/FN - bought from Harley Yee at a comic con

Tales to Astonish #85 VG/FN

Tales to Astonish #88 VG/FN - nice gloss

Avengers #59 VG

Giant Size Fantastic Four #2 VG/FN

scan0492_zpstoyavmss.jpg

DSCN2586_zps7dipxwxo.jpg

Close up of Tales to Astonish #58.

scan0488_zps5nbf5gdk.jpg

scan0490_zpssgmyartz.jpg

Met jimbo at a convention this past weekend. Guy is awesome and paws through a long box like no one else (thumbs u

:bump:

donated by crassus

Five SIX book lot of Marvel books - $60 $50 (US shipping free, first $15 covered for international)

. Tip Top Comics #70 - Great Gag cover. Reader copy one page has a dark stain, 4 pages missing Pg 31-34 (one Fritzi Ritz, 2 ad pages and the starting page of a Lil Abner story)

. Tales to Astonish #58 VG/FN - bought from Harley Yee at a comic con

. Tales to Astonish #85 VG/FN

. Tales to Astonish #88 VG/FN - nice gloss

. Avengers #59 VG

. Giant Size Fantastic Four #2 VG/FN

donated by thirdgreenham

Edited by DeadOne