• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know what this is?

6 posts in this topic

I came across this in one of my boxes on the backside of the comic. I was wondering if anyone knows what the B&W version of the cover is used for or why it was included? I bought this several years ago from a UK dealer who had quite a few of the Alan Class collection.

cZI3X9.jpg

ldwGAw.jpg

Sejoy0.jpg

Just an observation, but the B&W version is cut differently than the color one. (For example, you can see more of the plant on the bottom right of the B&W version, and less of the text right below the cdc logo.) So, the B&W version isn't a stat of that exact copy.

The copy I have is from the original publisher, Charlton which is notorious for their printing practices. Miscut/offcut covers are the norm for them. From GCD

/

Almost all comics published by Alan Class are reprints of U.S. comics from the 1950s to very early 1970s. Almost none of them have dates in the actual comics, so all dates given here are estimates.

Alan Class was not a traditional publisher sticking to any sort of schedule. From interviews, it appears he would print up comics when he ran out of stock, often re-using the same covers and interiors he had used before (it doesn't appear he acquired any new material after early 1970). /

I've been looking through the covers of this publisher on GCD to try and find the issues it was used on but there are quite a few and lots are still missing. All he did was put out reprints with these covers over and over. Just wondering if he had access to the original art for all these reprinted covers or not. I see alot of Marvel and Charlton in there. So the photocopy/stat that was included with the book was what he used when he reprinted that cover?