• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel October 1999 ~ February 2000 US Newsstand Price Variants
8 8

381 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2019 at 4:42 PM, lighthouse said:
On 1/28/2019 at 1:11 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

It's looking like 6 variants (3 x $2.29 and 3 x $2.49) will be the maximum per title isn't it:

2.3.thumb.PNG.5119c13acf2cff271e8add89dd4de377.PNG

Definitely looks that way to me. 

I probably won’t be processing that huge newsstand collection until summer. We buy around 40-45 collections a month and that one’s just not high on the priority list, so it will likely wait until we bring on extra summer staff. But when we do I’ll get all the Oct99-Feb00 books together and confirm whether the $2.29 Cable books are there (and reconfirm there are no other titles with variants in it).

All quiet on the price variant front. No new copies presented, no Thor #19 regular $1.99 newsstand copy....

On 9/2/2019 at 6:11 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

All quiet on the price variant front. No new copies presented, no Thor #19 regular $1.99 newsstand copy....

My local connection in Maryland bought out a store. He knows what I'm looking for:

"Just went through the separated Thor at the warehouse. Every issue of that run of Thor I have multiple of both direct and newsstand. 19 I have 1 direct copy and no newstands. I will check the shop when I am in again."

8 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

My local connection in Maryland bought out a store. He knows what I'm looking for:

"Just went through the separated Thor at the warehouse. Every issue of that run of Thor I have multiple of both direct and newsstand. 19 I have 1 direct copy and no newstands. I will check the shop when I am in again."

How long before we declare it officially missing in action....

3 minutes ago, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

I don't have anything to contribute to this thread but I just want to say this is the kind of research and discussion about comic books I love reading about here. Keep up the good work.

Always nice to hear, thanks Mr Spider-Woman :)

And this made me laugh:

"Mr. Spider-Woman, Mr. Spider-Woman, does whatever his Spider-Wife says"

:grin:

On 9/9/2019 at 6:43 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Always nice to hear, thanks Mr Spider-Woman :)

And this made me laugh:

"Mr. Spider-Woman, Mr. Spider-Woman, does whatever his Spider-Wife says"

:grin:

lol He should if he knows what's best for him anyway Steve. Especially if he doesn't like Spider-Nagging. 

Nice thread by the way, solid research as usual!

2 hours ago, Foley said:

lol He should if he knows what's best for him anyway Steve. Especially if he doesn't like Spider-Nagging. 

Nice thread by the way, solid research as usual!

Spider-Nag, Spider-Nag

Was a hectoring, mad old bag....

A small premium paid for this $2.49 priced copy, presumably by a bidder in the know:

2_49.thumb.PNG.e546959dae244f6b04042d03c338c24b.PNG

Not exactly 35cv prices, but they seem to be catching on a bit. Three separate bidders for a book that barely makes $3 as a direct edition. 

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

A small premium paid for this $2.49 priced copy, presumably by a bidder in the know:

2_49.thumb.PNG.e546959dae244f6b04042d03c338c24b.PNG

Not exactly 35cv prices, but they seem to be catching on a bit. Three separate bidders for a book that barely makes $3 as a direct edition. 

Might have been a foot fetishist 

59 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Was it sold by @Buzzetta? I hear he has a loyal following.

Coming soon on eBay... Just sayin'.  I am listing them for at least $100 - I have worn them around for 5 summers. 

IMG_3464.jpeg

IMG_3465.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

17 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Coming soon on eBay... Just sayin'.  I am listing them for at least $100 - I have worn them around for 5 summers. 

IMG_3464.jpeg

ClearEnlightenedGrackle-max-1mb.gif.90af4f45b861e4d37a30e972f3f1ea2d.gif.cfba79ace3149f396b271b27a5e708f4.gif

16 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

I've only heard runners in Canada. Sneakers in the US.

Ah,I knew one some folks thought was odd.Mom said runners,dad said sneakers.Maybe it was an eat coast/Ontario thing .

I think sneakers is more fun.