• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All-American comics no.16 the Green lantern

299 posts in this topic

The staples look dark and oxidized but I see no rust migration or orange on staples-looks to be oxygen without moisture and I'd leave em alone.

Yeah leave them staples alone. Nothing to worry about. Just make sure the book is placed under optimal temperatures (cool, dark, no moisture) and do not put it in a gun safe or any other safe because it can put rust on anything that is metal.

You are making the correct decision in keeping the book as is...get it graded and just put it away.

There are lots of boardies with oppinions on what to do with the book, but go with your heart or economic needs and think of the book as a blessing that you have had in your closet for many years without really knowing that you had it.

Happy New Year!

I'll let someone else say for sure, but the gaps may make room for more "backing boards" to put in to make it sturdy,.....Also there may be a backing board to fit the sleeve, but I don't do a lot of "shipping" comics so I'm sure someone else knows better than me (especially about Golden Age)

I always meant to ask is the cover attached at the staples?

OR at least attached enough? I mean as long as they are attached when CGC grades it you know...I didn't keep up with how your going to get it to CGC for grading, if it is shipping then I hope all goes well :)

Anyway, still so happy for you !!! :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Thank you! I plan on shpping to CGC once I get insurance and everything in line, no rush right now, I can't tell if the staples are even there, don't have the book in front of me now. It does seem to be attached well though.

Edited by Cadillackid