• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All-American comics no.16 the Green lantern

299 posts in this topic

I'm not sure exactly, it was given to my farther we believe from my grandfather, it has sat in a ceder chest with my baseball cards for the last 15 or so years, just this past week I decided to do more research on this comic book.

Looks like staining and not color touch on the bleed through of the inside front cover.

photo IMG_20161217_151535_zpsmur3htoy.jpg

20538_zpshggkmehj.jpeg

Looks unrestored to me. Yes you can definitely send the book to CC and they can have it slabbed for you. They will just charge you for it. I think they can even get a 20% discount on CGC fees.

I'd give ComicConnect a call today. I'd be nervous having that book sitting around like that. Explain to them that it is not in a bag or board and ask them how to pack and ship the book.

From their website:

please feel free to send us an email at support@comicconnect.com, or give us a call at 888.779.7377 or for our Intl'l customers call us at 001.212.895.3999. We are eager to help you with any question you have about Buying or Selling on ComicConnect.

It'll be kinda expensive anywhere you go with a book of that value...

They suggested CC with a 20% discount who will get it graded and (perhaps sell it for you??)

not too familiar with CC, but someone should be along shortly (thumbs u

I have no plans of selling as of now, just getting it graded

You can search the CGC website and should find the "costs" but CGC is the grading standard get it graded by them :)

You'll probably be looking at the "Standard Tier" which is the quickest turnaround times... other than a walk through, which wouldn't be bad either, depending on funds and time....

Check it out though :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I think the only tier this book would be under would be walk through which is 3% of the value. There is also a thread on here as well as in the CGC website on how to properly package a book for shipment. It's quite simple and easy actually.

Edited by Dark Knight

Congrats on a great book! Condition is low but the fact that it exists at all is fantastic. Take a pic of the centerfold too so we can see if it's intact. Missing pages will kill the value. You can look the book up on the Grand Comics Database and see if you have all pages present and accounted for.