• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A look at the rising value of vintage comics in 1979 plus others - CBC Archives

32 posts in this topic

going for the Robert Plant look?

lol

it's just the way my hair was in the Florida humidity. It's always been curly - that's how it would grow out from a short haircut.

I'll take the complement, though. :)

(At least, I think it was) :wishluck:

Found a few comic related stories in the CBC digital archive, apologies if this has been posted before.

Surveying the comic craze (1979)

Why is that dude at the 50 second mark, who is talking about Frazetta, NOT wearing a shirt ? :facepalm:

lol I was thinking the same thing

It was the 70s man. Free love!

shirt_zpsiccciriq.jpg

Did you say... 70s maaaaaaaan?

20120606__20120607_C1_FE07STPEOPLEp1.jpg

my eyes just threw up.

Count your blessings, he used to sext crotch shots to his (unsuspecting) newsletter subscribers

And for the sensitive & faint of heart at overexposure of man flesh, here's around the same time - appropriate dress for Disney World (notice the eyes - we just took a "break") :D:devil:

DisneyWorldmed_zps0rijh2a1.jpg

A "weed" break ? :grin:

If you're gonna pay $7500 for a book in 1979, should you not at least know the proper title?

Marvel Mystery #1...kills me every time :roflmao:

Jim

I used to laugh too but that's actually what the book used to be called among old school collectors.

On 12/21/2016 at 7:19 AM, VintageComics said:

Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. They're still around.

* bump *

Really good link from CBC TV archive 1978 interview with Stan Lee (editing), Neal Adams vs Steranko graphic narrative, first Jack Kirby original art, Supersnipe Comic Book Euphorium, NYC. Link is about 20 minutes YouTube DC vs Marvel

If you dig around, CBC Archive has other Camera 3 Edward Summer interviews with the likes of George Lucas b4 release of Star Wars movie, was Lucas inspired by the comics he and his sister read as kids, Frazetta, etc.

58 minutes ago, Juno Beach said:

I don't think I was at that Victoria Con. Video shows a young eegabeeva being interviewed, Terry Sillman of Talkin' Illustrations screaming, 'Free, Spider-man #1' to get signed by Todd.

Link to CBC Archive of Ed Summer and 'The Origins of Star Wars' circa 1975 George Lucas, Frazetta 1975

On 12/21/2016 at 6:38 PM, Senormac said:

A "weed" break ? :grin:

Link to a Toronto comic con from 1974 thanks to CBC Archive. See kid pick up GA Superboy #1 for 10c. See raw copies of Batman #1 nm $1k, WDCS #1 $1k, Action Comics #1 nm $3,500, Jim Starlin original Thanos art, Freak Bros. UG's, women in comics: 6 minutes of Toronto con in Canada