• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Runner UP

65 posts in this topic

This thread has already kicked off with some amazing books! My runners up would be Star Spangled 7. I had the raw copy for about 18 years but bought the graded copy from our very own GAtor this year for a very reasonable price. Definitely top ten book in my collection, maybe top five :banana:

2440C46B-467F-4D00-B4E6-13CFE27C2193.jpg

This I can't narrow down to one...... my top pick was easy..... but it's been a decent year for tough books. Here's 3 more of my favorites.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

M34gnyV.jpg

IzlmqG2.jpg

bxpF9Bf.jpg

.... and Bob's old copy.....

8I6CFfU.jpg

This thread has already kicked off with some amazing books! My runners up would be Star Spangled 7. I had the raw copy for about 18 years but bought the graded copy from our very own GAtor this year for a very reasonable price. Definitely top ten book in my collection, maybe top five :banana:

Cool and nice "reader"...

Bravo! If that Kirby gem is your RUNNER UP, I clearly need to go look at your numero uno!

Given that my war bonds collection is my favourite sub topic, I'll stick with that and nominate this hard to find book (courtesy of Esquire comics):

More_Fun_104_zps6tso7cbc.jpg

(the other candidate was nice midgrade Planet 71)

My runner up

I have just acquired this rarity. :cloud9:

Picture Story Annual, Educational Projects Inc. Undated but most likely 1944-5. This may be one of the rarest of all the Canadian Whites, the comics published in Canada during the second world war. This one-shot annual, which collects three issues (without covers) of the long-running Canadian Heroes comic by Educational Projects.

This is also apparently a variant. Of the images I have seen of two of the three other copies, there is a cover price of 25 cents in the circle below "192 pages." On this copy the circle is blank. This is the only example of that variation, to my current knowledge. and the back cover is a subscription coupon for Canadian Heroes. The 25 cent version has a generic Canadian Heroes back cover. This copy is UNIQUE

_57_zpswdc8mtlc.jpg

_57%201_zpsfycgw4ba.jpg

My runner up

I have just acquired the rarity. :cloud9:

Picture Story Annual, Educational Projects Inc. Undated but most likely 1944-5. This may be one of the rarest of all the Canadian Whites, the comics published in Canada during the second world war. This one-shot annual, which collects three issues (without covers) of the long-running Canadian Heroes comic by Educational Projects.

This is also apparently a variant. Of the images I have seen of two of the three other copies, there is a cover price of 25 cents in the circle below "192 pages." On this copy the circle is blank. This is the only example of that variation, to my current knowledge. and the back cover is a subscription coupon for Canadian Heroes. The 25 cent version has a generic Canadian Heroes back cover. This copy is UNIQUE

_57_zpswdc8mtlc.jpg

This is an incredible cover! I'm a sucker for a cool underwater scene-very cool.

This is more of a tie for the 1 spot as i am extremely fond of this book as well...thanks for starting this thread so i could post it again!! Let's start a second and third runner up thread in a few days so we can post more!!

Love seeing the great stuff people snagged this year. Some of the books truly AMAZE me!! I'm still waiting patiently hoping that someone here picked up the Amazing Man 22 or 26 that went of CLink recently so i can know who to bother in the future :D

28125915666_a56df7219d_c.jpg

I'm still waiting patiently hoping that someone here picked up the Amazing Man 22 or 26 that went of CLink recently so i can know who to bother in the future :D

That was Leroy I believe who picked up it Gino (Aman26). Posted in the Top 2016 GA pickup thread.

This is more of a tie for the 1 spot as i am extremely fond of this book as well...thanks for starting this thread so i could post it again!! Let's start a second and third runner up thread in a few days so we can post more!!

Love seeing the great stuff people snagged this year. Some of the books truly AMAZE me!! I'm still waiting patiently hoping that someone here picked up the Amazing Man 22 or 26 that went of CLink recently so i can know who to bother in the future :D

28125915666_a56df7219d_c.jpg

That would probably be my #1 for 2016, '17 and '18!