• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your rarest acquisition this year?

144 posts in this topic

It took a long time, but finally I got a Fine. At the grade I like, and the prices these get, that's a one and done for me.

Hit09fc_zpscagt7vva.jpg

If you're going to have just one representative example, then this is a pretty good choice - congrat's. :applause:

Since the thread title say "acquisition" and not specifically "comic" I'm going to cheat.

This is a poster of the 1894 stage production of H. Rider Haggard's "SHE" -- very possibly the only one left in existence. :cloud9:

aPtSmaS.jpg

WOW! Stunning poster, and amazing that it survived. Very nice-thanks for sharing.

It took a long time, but finally I got a Fine. At the grade I like, and the prices these get, that's a one and done for me.

Hit09fc_zpscagt7vva.jpg

If you're going to have just one representative example, then this is a pretty good choice - congrat's. :applause:

That’s what I said when I bought my #16! :D

Since the thread title say "acquisition" and not specifically "comic" I'm going to cheat.

This is a poster of the 1894 stage production of H. Rider Haggard's "SHE" -- very possibly the only one left in existence. :cloud9:

aPtSmaS.jpg

WOW! Stunning poster, and amazing that it survived. Very nice-thanks for sharing.

+1; that is really amazing

aPtSmaS.jpg

My dad just loved Rider Haggard, so I've always had a soft spot for his books. That poster is just wonderful. :applause:

Probably this.

VKa40n.jpg

Love that one. I had to pay dearly for a copy about a year ago. Just like the More Fun cover.

Thanks. I got this one on eBay for a pretty good deal.