• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THANK YOU THREAD TO MIKE B.

30 posts in this topic

Dear Mike,

I wanted to take a minute to publicly thank you for all that you do for Signature Series.

THANK YOU

-For the positive energy you bring to the program.

-For the hard work and dedication you have provided.

-For maintaining and protecting the Signature Series program for all these years.

-For being there to support us with guidance, supplies and help throughout all of our signing events for all of these years.

- For your patience and friendship.

If anyone else wants to say anything in this thread I invite you. A story to share, a moment to look back on. Please post it.

One of my favorite times with Mike B was at NYCC two years ago. Show was so hectic, the CGC booth was slammed and it was the end of a verrrrry loong day. People were swarming trying to submit, Rich Henn was there with a ton of books and Mike sees me in the middle of the crowd and yells Sean McLoughlin! I never felt so good, it was our only chance to chat the whole show and this guy just made me feel like a rock star......I think that might be my favorite thing about him......he leaves it so you always feel good and always can't wait to talk to him again. That is not something easy to do that I will always appreciate.

Thanks Mike!

And here I thought I was special. lol It turns out, Mike is just a really good guy to everyone.

I'll echo the same sentiments. It doesn't matter how busy the booth/show is, Mike always seems to find a few moments to pop over, give me an enthusiastic handshake, and ask about my family. Plus, he's got all kinds of great stories...and incriminating pictures on his phone. Like others have said, he always makes you feel like a big shot no matter how small a fish you are in the pond.

You rock, Mike! :headbang:

If anyone else wants to say anything in this thread I invite you. A story to share, a moment to look back on. Please post it.

Jeez Sean, Mike isnt dead, just newly married lol.

Mike has been awesome as the Director of Signature series for these past 4-5 years. The program has grown tremendously under his direction and everyone (facilitators/clients/CGC signature series collectors) owe him our deepest gratitude and admiration.

I only got to meet Mike B. once, and he is a nice, cool guy.

He was quick to help me with my CGC SS items and we even got to talking about his musician background.

Thank you for your fantastic efforts as Director, and congratulations on your marriage.

Happy New Year!

Mike G.

I could share all the moments and laughs we shared from over the past years... "Bonnie", "Two Drink Torrey" on the London Tube, the Wizard World NYCC "Mic Drop" just to name a few, but one moment still stands out and I will always remember & respect him for it.

About four or five years ago a large group of us were waiting for our table at P.F. Chang's in downtown Seattle (ECCC). There was some commotion outside - a teen came running down the street followed by a pack of other teens, young adults (thugs), more than ten. They were beating up on him outside and Mike and I stepped out. The kid was bloody & badly beaten, one eye already swollen completely shut. He seemed like he was special needs or autistic. For the next fifteen to twenty minutes Mike and I protected the kid even with punches still being thrown in between us. Just before the ambulance and cops arrived the kid saw a break and ran for it. We talked to the cops and tried to guide them in the direction he ran off - don't know what ever happened to the kid.

I bring this up because Mike never hesitated, and that shows a lot about someone's character.

Mike cared about the SS program and as with the "jumping" incident he always tried to help the "little guy". He also stood up to the people in the program trying to bend the rules and the bullies at the CGC booth. I can't remember how many times I've seen some guy curse him out at the booth because they made a mistake of their own and tried to blame someone else - & usually Mike had to put up with it.

Mad Respect Mike.

Now on to Sam Peterson - he's got some crazy hair but seems to have some solid integrity. I think the program will do well under his watchful eye. Good luck Sam.

Oh, one last thing Mike -

2BD7F200-EA52-422E-9DD9-1C29975E0912_zpsxxzdltju.gif

Mike B = Rambo

Nuff said

And the way I heard it was Dre got beaten up by a 10 year old girl and she took his lollipop :shy:

I'll never come to your rescue now, never... even though you paid for that wonderful Italian dinner a few years ago.

Thanks Mike for all the help over the past few years! I've only met you in person a couple of times at Heroes over the years but you have always been outstanding in helping me out when it comes to the Signature series program!

Sam, looking forward to working with you!

Michael

Here are a few facts that illustrate the greatness that is Michael Balent:

-Dos Equis modeled there most interesting man ad campaign after Michael Balent.

-Kill Bill's Pai Mei lowers his head as Michael Balent passes by.

-Darth Vader has faith in Michael Balent.

-The best selling tatoo the past 4 years are tatoos of Michael Balent.

-Bill O'reily is currently working on a book about Michael Balent.

-Steve Ditko wants a Signature Series book signed by Michael Balent.

-Donald Trump claims that he used his 2016 Presidential election vote to vote for Michael Balent.

-Gene Simmons, Flea, Dave Grohl, & Slash are all hoping to be asked by Michael Balent to jam.

-The sun once dimmed itself because Michael Balent misplaced his sunglasses.

-The library of Congress announced in 2016 that when a film biography of Michael Balent is completed and released, it will be selected to the National Film Registry for it's cultural, historic, & aesthetic significance.

Michael is a true original as a person & he is a friend to anyone who loves this hobby. A major kudos to Michael for growing the Sig Series program under his guidance and I look very forward to working with Sam in 2017 & beyond!!!

Mike B = Rambo

Nuff said

And the way I heard it was Dre got beaten up by a 10 year old girl and she took his lollipop :shy:

I'll never come to your rescue now, never... even though you paid for that wonderful Italian dinner a few years ago.

:roflmao:

Mike B = Rambo

Nuff said

:roflmao:

It was really nice. ;)

I've got a lot that I could say about Mike Balent.........

But I simply don't have all night.

What I WILL say---is I will miss our long walks on the beach, our reassuring talks at sunset----how you told me that "Everything was going to be okay!" when Freddy kicked Jason's azz....

Your constant reminder to "Pack a lunch, bring fresh sharpies and clean underwear" to a signing----

Seriously though, thank you, and I speak for all of us facilitators, clients and clergy alike---THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for all the hard work you put into this program---it was never easy, but you managed to handle it and handle it well....thank you for every opportunity, for every piece of good advice, for every pro-active moment---you will be missed.

And the bail money.

Thank you for the bail money :thumbsup:

SAM PETERSON----couldn't think of a better person to fill those size 10 engineer boots!

(Mike, you did leave your boots at the entrance to WW NO for Sam to fill, right?)

All I can say is

Thank You Mike!

You were always there at the CGC booth with a smile and seemed like you always knew exactly what to say. To say you will be missed is a understatement. The grading room is lucky to count you among their ranks.

Thanks for all the advise and words of wisdom over the years.