• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your comic collecting goals for 2017?

56 posts in this topic

My goal is to have my 9.8 Saga set finished. Well not finished but caught up I guess.

1, Get all of my unsigned 9.8 copies of Saga signed by Fiona Staples and BKV.

2. Get my single signed 9.8 copies of Saga signed by the other artist.

3. Get the missing 9.8 copies I need for the registry and get them signed.

4. Get a Staples and BKV signed 9.8 #19 Diamond Retailer Summit Edition.

5. Get the #1 RRP in 9.8 and dual signed.

I'll have at least 1-36 and all variants and extra printings signed and in 9.8 that way.

I have a big goal and it may be tough to accomplish. I want to divest myself of the many many many long boxes and long runs, but low value books that are just taking up space, and use whatever money I can raise to refocus on key, higher value books.

To continue finishing my DD run. Plenty to go and not many candidates to pick up at present.

I am picking up high grade titles of runs I enjoyed as a kid. No rush to find them all though. I am reading old titles and just enjoying catching up on history.

I won't get sucked up in new titles.

This year I decided to focus on collecting the original Star Wars run.

1) Pick up Star Wars #1 CGC 9.6

2) Pick up Star Wars #42 CGC 9.8

3) Pick up Star Wars #68 CGC 9.8

4) Pick up at least 50 issues of the original run

Modest and attainable goals in addition to my Star Wars toy collection goals....

(thumbs u

It's not exactly a collecting goal, but in 2017, I plan to start a new comic publisher. I'll be taking baby steps to get rolling. This year, I've got 3 Kickstarter campaigns planned. I'll be using that to test the waters, work out the processes, and get my name out there. After that, getting into Previews and comic shops. I've got a 3 year plan, so here's hoping 2017 is a good year. (thumbs u