• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your comic collecting goals for 2017?

56 posts in this topic

1) Stop spending so much money on readers as I don't have time to read anymore

2) Attend more conventions

3) Get more celeb signed books and commissions

4) Stop buying so many convention exclusives

5) Finally get a copy of BA12 in 9.8

There's a convention exclusive for that. :shy:

I finally indexed all of my books in an excel spreadsheet. I have 896 comics. I would like to reduce about 180 books that dont fit the scope of my collection.

Would like to get closer finishing amazing spider-man 25-75 in f+ (13 out of 50 complete)

Would like to get closer on x-men 94-150 in vf (28 out of 56 complete)

Get another 2 tales of suspense issues from 40-48 in cgc 6.0 or better

Complete secret wars 1-12 in cgc 9.8 (4 out of 12 complete)

Would also like to start a frank miller daredevil run in vf.

1. Actually read some comics.

2. Continue whittling my collection down to the stuff I really enjoy.

2a. Sell more, buy selectively (wait for keepers, no buying books I know I'll want to upgrade).

2b. Spend less than I did in 2016.

3. Attend fewer cons and have better experiences at those I do choose.

1) Buy at least one Silver Age comic per week, FN+ or better, without going broke.

2) Keep up with putting everything in Mylars.

3) Stop buying new release Marvel Modern books, as I find their current scope convoluted, & lacking direction (unless that direction is to totally trash what their predecessors created). Daredevil being the current exception.

Add more to my X-Men (1991) registry run.

Send off a number of Adv 346 for pressing/cleaning

Sell off my silver/gold under copies

Finish selling off my OA collection

Pick up another Millie #1 & #2

This year I decided to focus on collecting the original Star Wars run.

1) Pick up Star Wars #1 CGC 9.6

2) Pick up Star Wars #42 CGC 9.8

3) Pick up Star Wars #68 CGC 9.8

4) Pick up at least 50 issues of the original run

Modest and attainable goals in addition to my Star Wars toy collection goals....

Finish my Hulk 102-474 run and clean up the inventory I have laying around. If it is possible, pick up another graded copy of Tales of Suspense 39 if it does not interfere with paying off the balance on my mortgage.

Selling goal:

1. Continue to consolidate my collection, selling down stuff I don't need and putting that money into some original art pieces.

Buying goals:

1. Upgrade my lower grade raw Amazing Spider-Man books to high grade raw books

2. Replace some higher grade raw KEY books with GRADED versions of the same

3. This is the year I finally take the plunge on the missing books in my ASM run: My goal is to add some books from ASM #2-#15 to my collection... but ONLY mid-grade GRADED books or better. Especially targetting #2,3,4,6,9,13,14, and 15

Obviously AF #15 and ASM #1.. will have to wait. But I'm ready to start moving on the rest.

All I have in that group right now is a low-grade raw #8. But after #16 my series run is complete.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

Frank

I would like to finish my volume 1 doctor strange run. Link to WTB in my signature. I have roughly half of them now which took me all of 2016 to find some nice 9.0 or better copies. Hard part will be finding some of the graded 9.4 white pages I wanted for books 173 and 175 all while avoiding miswrapped edges.

Buying:

I would like to upgrade at least one ASM this year. Each year I try to upgrade at least one.

There are only two GA books I am looking for. One book is a Captain America and the other a Superman.

Selling:

I would like to sell a lot more. There is something satisfying about seeing a lot of stuff find new homes. Last year, I forgo selling off big value items and concentrated on clearing out volume. I would like to continue that. Less is more. I have so much more to list and sell.