• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
27 27

9,665 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2024 at 11:11 AM, Robot Man said:

Sometimes the planets align and things work out the way they should…

I bought the book below MANY years ago at the Rose Bowl flea market when I was a teenager. It was only a couple bucks. And it was a GA 10 center with a wild cover. Got home to find it was missing a couple pages. Just hung on to it hoping to find a coverless one.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago when a coverless copy missing wraps and centerfold popped up as a freebee in a Catrick sale. I quickly hit it.

Got my package the other day and laid both copies down together and paged through. The 2nd story was missing the first page in my copy but included in the Catrick copy. It is one of those weird wartime books with single pages just tipped in. Same thing with another page. The pages were never attached so I just slid them out and inserted them into my copy. A perfect match and after so many years, my copy is now complete!

A big thanks to @catrick339!

IMG_9368.jpeg

You may always rely on me for these small favors.

:cheers: