• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,651 posts in this topic

Courtesy of thedude and Buck Biggins. This is a beautiful copy of a really really tough cool book:

Great cover Donut! You're cornering the market on dismemberment books! :o

Courtesy of thedude and Buck Biggins. This is a beautiful copy of a really really tough cool book:

glad we could help you end that 5 year search for this book. (thumbs u

A few recent acquisitions

great books Collin !!

so question for all the Fiction House guys, which titles are the most collected from this publisher ? Fight ? Wings ? where would the Jungle and Jumbos come in at ?

thanks,

Alton

Planet, then Jumbo. (thumbs u

But there are specific covers on every title that are highly coveted.

That Fight 31 is way up there. Congrats Dan!

Planet is probably the most collected, but there are certain Fight covers that are just out there - 31, 32, 40, 41 and a couple others that are gobbled up before they go anywhere. Same with a few Rangers covers (21, 24, 25, the iconic 26, and 38).

Supply is definitely drying up on Fiction House books - the Fight 31 I just picked up is amazingly hard, and there are a couple other ones that are equally tough (the Rangers 21 is really hard to find).

Supply is definitely drying up on Fiction House books - the Fight 31 I just picked up is amazingly hard, and there are a couple other ones that are equally tough (the Rangers 21 is really hard to find).

Really about the Rangers # 21? Do you mean in grade or at all like Fight Comics # 31 is? If so, then I'm glad to have my beat up copy - visual evidence provided -

43046-Rangers21.jpg

Really about the Rangers # 21? Do you mean in grade or at all like Fight Comics # 31 is? If so, then I'm glad to have my beat up copy - visual evidence provided -

43046-Rangers21.jpg

I don't see many of them at all, but that may just be me. Mine is about that grade, maybe a little higher.

Adding to the chorus....

Here's how I see the hierarchy of titles from Fiction House and as Donut has previously stated, there are obvious exceptions and classic covers in all the runs that are difficult to find in grade, or at all, and sell for multiples of guide. There are so many books that should be broken out in the Overstreet, but have yet to be singled out. If I had my Gerber with me, I'd list the top covers that aren't broken out....but I'll leave that to all your imaginations.

Planet

Jumbo

Rangers

Jungle

Fight

Wings

PM me with all those goodies for sale when you get them, I'm still in the hunt for many of those classic covers and others.

I would have put down the list as:

Planet

Jumbo

Fight

Jungle

Rangers

Wings

so basically switching Rangers and Fight.

Why is Jumbo higher than Jungle? 1) b/c it started earlier or 2) b/c it has a better cast of characters or 3) b/c it has a better stable of artists?