• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,646 posts in this topic

I would have put down the list as:

Planet

Jumbo

Fight

Jungle

Rangers

Wings

so basically switching Rangers and Fight.

Why is Jumbo higher than Jungle? 1) b/c it started earlier or 2) b/c it has a better cast of characters or 3) b/c it has a better stable of artists?

I would say Jumbo is higher than Jungle because those first issues (especially the Large sized ones), are the hardest to find of ALL Fiction House comics, thus making this title the most challenging to complete!!!

Also because there are some fantastic cover art in these issues (Eisner,Fine, Zolinerowich,Saaf), and yes they also did covers on the other Fiction House titles too, but the Jumbo's were as you mentioned First!!!

My opinion only of course!!!

Oh Yeah, I forgot to mention SHEENA!!!!

Edited by Blind Owl

Damn! Two different lists have Wings Comics in last place....guess I should just get rid of this ole POS book then. :frustrated:

That title never took off ...

Let's hear it for Scrooge, ladies and gentlemen. He'll be doing two shows a night for the next two weeks. Try the veal & don't forget to tip your waitress. Goodnight everyone.

:acclaim:

i agree, fiction houses are gettng much harder to come by. used to be common as dirt. I think the relatively low prices and long-running series have made many start to collect them

It's because we keep posting cool FH covers here and converting people. Maybe we should ask Arch to delete this thread.

My FH popularity list:

Planet

Jumbo

Fight

Jungle

Rangers

Wings

Certain issues/sub runs are more popular though. Early Rangers do better than late Fights, for example. And certain Fight covers (you guys forgot 35!) are highly desireable and should probably be in the #1 spot.

Jumbo is higher than Jungle because:

1. The stories were better

2. Sheena

3. More Matt Baker art.

I picked this up from the same collection that Donut got the Fight 31.

F!@#t Comics is not collectible, people, nothing to see. Everyone should collect Jungle or Jumbo but not F!@#t Comics (until I have all the ones I need) ...

60711-Jumbo113.jpg.7e27a757e812287c1081843899067836.jpg

60712-Jungle99.jpg.2692577d9cc122584cb58eca44a7f380.jpg

60713-Jungle108.jpg.9ad6fb778798dde8eb3ca798a43a30c7.jpg

I picked this up from the same collection that Donut got the Fight 31.

F!@#t Comics is not collectible, people, nothing to see. Everyone should collect Jungle or Jumbo but not F!@#t Comics (until I have all the ones I need) ...

oh ya :baiting:

FightComics19CGC9-1.jpg

Hey folks! Quick Fiction House question for y'all.

I have a copy of Rangers #27 and want to make sure that it's complete. The book has 32 interior pages, and at a glance the stories all appear to be present as per the GCD entry for this issue. However, GCD says the page count should be 36. Is that figure of 36 including covers? I just want to make sure my copy isn't missing a centerfold of ads.

Does anyone have a #27 handy to check (or another Rangers book in the #24-30 range that they could give me a page count on)?

:pullhair: I need a 19 :sorry:

there's tons of these around. I think metro has one, or comicconnect....not sure which one...

I agree, it's not a tough book to find per se ... finding the right copy at the right price is another matter

Scrooge a.k.a. cheapskate :P

:pullhair: I need a 19 :sorry:

there's tons of these around. I think metro has one, or comicconnect....not sure which one...

I agree, it's not a tough book to find per se ... finding the right copy at the right price is another matter

Scrooge a.k.a. cheapskate :P

don't blame you for being a cheapskate. I got this book relatively cheap myself from Filter. (he really could have sold that Fight #19 for twice the amount he sold it to me for.)