• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,636 posts in this topic

I don't see many early Rangers on this thread!!! Rangers 1 thru 10 would be nice!!!

I've got a nice copy of #6 coming and I'd like to see some others just to compare the brightness of the colors on the cover (I've only seen 3 other copies total, all look the same as mine). There must be others out there!!! hm

:pullhair: I need a 19 :sorry:

there's tons of these around. I think metro has one, or comicconnect....not sure which one...

Comicconnect has one but I think it's a bit overpriced. Otherwise, it would be in my collection.

i agree, fiction houses are gettng much harder to come by. used to be common as dirt. I think the relatively low prices and long-running series have made many start to collect them

It's because we keep posting cool FH covers here and converting people. Maybe we should ask Arch to delete this thread.

My FH popularity list:

Planet

Jumbo

Fight

Jungle

Rangers

Wings

Certain issues/sub runs are more popular though. Early Rangers do better than late Fights, for example. And certain Fight covers (you guys forgot 35!) are highly desireable and should probably be in the #1 spot.

Jumbo is higher than Jungle because:

1. The stories were better

2. Sheena

3. More Matt Baker art.

i'd swap out Rangers with Wings, otherwise I agree with Sean.

If I had Gator's money I could have kept the Fiction House runs that were in the More Fun collection back in 1995.

It included:

Fight Comics 1 - 86

Jumbo Comics 1 - 167

Jungle Comics 1 - 163

Planet 1 - 73

Rangers 1 - 69

Wings 1 - 124

and quite a few other titles. What a collection that was. :cloud9:

jumbo14.jpg

:applause: That is just a beautiful Pedigree book. I love the variation in color through the title.

I was seeing that as bleed-through from the inside front cover or possibly from page 1. No? Is it intentional?

Seems like a big defect for 9.0 if not intentional.

Jack

Got any ultra nice high-grade Centaurs too???

That's the one publisher I have very little of. There just aren't many high grade Centaurs available. And the few that have been, Gator and Win have scooped up. They would kick my rear end if I got in their way!

But I do have this...

amf2-10.jpg

I thought maybe it was because of the scan!!! (shrug)

It's not intentional as other copies do not have the bleed thru that this issue has!!!

It's still a beauty!!! :headbang:

The bleed through is from the inside cover. Jumbo 14 is a weird book because a huge majority of them have incredibly faded reds on the cover. They almost look peach or light orange. I believe they were printed that way, possibly in response to the bleed through. This copy has very vivid reds, including on the inside cover ad.

Got any ultra nice high-grade Centaurs too???

That's the one publisher I have very little of. There just aren't many high grade Centaurs available. And the few that have been, Gator and Win have scooped up. They would kick my rear end if I got in their way!

But I do have this...

amf2-10.jpg

Gadzooks!!! If you're gonna show a Centaur it might as well be a book with a classic cover like this!!! (worship)

I forgot that you were the lucky one who snagged this baby!!! (thumbs u

This one issue alone puts all my books to shame!!!!

Fantastic Richard!!!! :headbang: