• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,646 posts in this topic

Thanks to Ed R. at the Long Beach Con. Beautiful colors on this Eisner cover, with insides sporting a screwy Fletcher Hanks Big Red story that defy societal convention. And as with all Fight Comics everybody gets hit in the jaw at least once. The feel and smell of this book makes you sigh. Thx again to Ed.Fight3VFOW1andhalfinBtSpinetear875.jpg

Now that's a book you don't see very often. :o

great pick-up!!! :applause:

Thanks to Ed R. at the Long Beach Con. Beautiful colors on this Eisner cover, with insides sporting a screwy Fletcher Hanks Big Red story that defy societal convention. And as with all Fight Comics everybody gets hit in the jaw at least once. The feel and smell of this book makes you sigh. Thx again to Ed.Fight3VFOW1andhalfinBtSpinetear875.jpg

Now that's a book you don't see very often. :o

great pick-up!!! :applause:

Yes,very nice looking book.

Can you please post a scratch and sniff icon so we can all enjoy the smell of the book? :kidaround:

Got these at the Richmond show this weekend, from Guy Rose. The Fight has 2 Kamen stories and 2 Baker stories according to OSPG. The Planets are always cool, but this 53 is neat....an SOTI book with stories by Whitman, Evans, Baker, and a couple others I don't recognize. It missed having an Ingles story by a couple months. The 72 is missing a bean sized chunk from the back cover spine all the way to the centerfold where a Mylar tradgedy occured...otherwise a 9.0. Unlike most of Guy's books, this one was pricey even with the flaw....but it seems to be hard to find above fine. His other books are usually priced very fairly....cheap in many cases. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

scan0021-4.jpg

scan0017-5.jpg

scan0013-5.jpg

Wow, I didn't see this in Ed's stuff last time I visited. I'll have to did a little deeper next time. Good get. Ed always has awesome books at great prices (robocard). He's also the "friend" of Tortise with the 9.4 planet 48.

Thanks to Ed R. at the Long Beach Con. Beautiful colors on this Eisner cover, with insides sporting a screwy Fletcher Hanks Big Red story that defy societal convention. And as with all Fight Comics everybody gets hit in the jaw at least once. The feel and smell of this book makes you sigh. Thx again to Ed.

Wow, I didn't see this in Ed's stuff last time I visited. I'll have to did a little deeper next time. Good get. Ed always has awesome books at great prices (robocard). He's also the "friend" of Tortise with the 9.4 planet 48.

:whistle:

Got these at the Richmond show this weekend, from Guy Rose. The Fight has 2 Kamen stories and 2 Baker stories according to OSPG. The Planets are always cool, but this 53 is neat....an SOTI book with stories by Whitman, Evans, Baker, and a couple others I don't recognize. It missed having an Ingles story by a couple months. The 72 is missing a bean sized chunk from the back cover spine all the way to the centerfold where a Mylar tradgedy occured...otherwise a 9.0. Unlike most of Guy's books, this one was pricey even with the flaw....but it seems to be hard to find above fine. His other books are usually priced very fairly....cheap in many cases. GOD BLESS....

scan0021-4.jpg

scan0017-5.jpg

scan0013-5.jpg

Awesome books Jimjum. I was fortunate enough to snag a copy of Planet # 53 last year. Issue 72 isnt anyting to sneeze at either. (thumbs u

I have a couple of the splash pages from #53 to share.

PLNT_53B.jpg

PLNT_53A.jpg

scan0021-4.jpg

scan0017-5.jpg

scan0013-5.jpg

Awesome books Jimjum. I was fortunate enough to snag a copy of Planet # 53 last year. Issue 72 isnt anyting to sneeze at either. (thumbs u

PLNT_53B.jpg

PLNT_53A.jpg

For those of us who still like to read 'em, 53 is a great comic. My favorite feature is Lost World with Hunt Bowman. 53 has art by George Evans...fabulous...and a cool scene where Hunt and his gal chase the Aliens into, of all places, an abandoned General Motors Factory. Mysta of the Moon is by Matt Baker who doesn't miss a trick in exploiting the "proper" angles to capture Mysta at her very best. These Planets are very, very, habit forming. GOD BLESS...

scan0021-4.jpg

scan0017-5.jpg

scan0013-5.jpg

PLNT_53B.jpg

PLNT_53A.jpg

For those of us who still like to read 'em, 53 is a great comic. My favorite feature is Lost World with Hunt Bowman. 53 has art by George Evans...fabulous...and a cool scene where Hunt and his gal chase the Aliens into, of all places, an abandoned General Motors Factory. Mysta of the Moon is by Matt Baker who doesn't miss a trick in exploiting the "proper" angles to capture Mysta at her very best. These Planets are very, very, habit forming. GOD BLESS...

The Lost World stories are fantastic. (thumbs u I know I read that first. I do have a couple of issues of Authentic Police cases, with Matt Baker art, but the GGA art seems somewhat tamer than the art in Planet. Being a long time Sci-fi fan, I also enjoy the Star Pirate and Space Ranger. :grin:

My copy of #53

PLNT_53.jpg

Just got this one in. An ebay purchase and characteristically overgraded, but no real complaints from me (I factor that into my bids unless I trust the seller). The colours on this one are very nice!

wings_083.jpg

Just got this one in. An ebay purchase and characteristically overgraded, but no real complaints from me (I factor that into my bids unless I trust the seller). The colours on this one are very nice!

wings_083.jpg

Looks like a keeper. Nice colors. (thumbs u

Definitely a keeper on that Wings :applause:

Here are a couple who straggled before the holiday. Now to get a Rangers 16 ...

The black on the Wings is as nice as the scan makes it appear :cloud9:

It's too bad McRaboy eclipses Fawcette but I find that their art has a similar "elegance" and lightness of line.

117890.jpg.9d7a21515dbd3ed005a1571c0271baa8.jpg

117891.jpg.511673b0a1e78f0629fdaf9288ef8488.jpg

The black does look nice.

A very nice grab on the Rangers 15. That one is quite tough to find.

Good stories?

It's too bad McRaboy eclipses Fawcette but I find that their art has a similar "elegance" and lightness of line.

Looks like the OO "Marilyn" had pretty good taste in comics!

The black does look nice.

A very nice grab on the Rangers 15. That one is quite tough to find.

Good stories?

Definitely one of my favorite 3 covers in the entire run. (thumbs u