• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,647 posts in this topic

There are only 4 copies of this book in the census, and now I own two of them ... sheesh.

gozer, please wander over to the "Double Your Pleasure...Greedy SOB" thread so that we can poperly log your level of greediness.

Thank You.

(great cover, btw!)

STEVE

Picked this up in the recent Heritage auction. I got beaten by one bid for the 9.4 on ComicLink a while back, and now I'm glad I did.

There are only 4 copies of this book in the census, and now I own two of them ... sheesh.

Great color on this D copy:

rangers_14_heritage_mine.jpg

OK Mr. Gozer - I need one of those (see below). Do you want to sell your undercopy?

Nice River City copy.

Yup. I knew folks could figure out the pedigrees.

jkrk owns the #70

I debated at the time whether to bid on that so I could double up. devil.gif

Love the #72 cover.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I think I've seen that cover somewhere before.

Congratulations! Looks like a nice copy -- it's a terrific good girl sci fi cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Love the #72 cover.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I think I've seen that cover somewhere before.

Congratulations! Looks like a nice copy -- it's a terrific good girl sci fi cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks. Just wanted to alert you that at least 3 sweet copies of this book are in the hands of board members.

Only 2 slabbed copies of #72 grade higher than 7.0.

adamstrange has the finest looking end-run Planets that I've ever seen! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Picked this up today from Harley Yee, who traveled to L.A. for the Shrine comic show (man, I'm in a huge Fiction House mood...):

100_1408.jpg

STEVE

adamstrange has the finest looking end-run Planets that I've ever seen!

blush.gif Thanks

I guess it's time to post the last issue, which has my favorite stories of the last 8 issues.

Planet73.jpg

Here's again what they look like as a group. It's so much fun playing with photoshop! cool.gif

PlanetSetSm.jpg

Nobody could look at that set and not want to start collecting Planets!!

It was the Gerber Photojournals that got me started on them

These are amazing....i have a number of Planets, but i knew i would never get the run... so a couple of years ago, i got the publisher set of 1-60 in five volumes.....Alas these posts make me wish i had the sixth volume (interestingly....some of the books have notes of what issues Fiction House chose to reprint material from 1-60 in the later issues...jb

These are amazing....i have a number of Planets, but i knew i would never get the run... so a couple of years ago, i got the publisher set of 1-60 in five volumes.....Alas these posts make me wish i had the sixth volume (interestingly....some of the books have notes of what issues Fiction House chose to reprint material from 1-60 in the later issues...jb

Several of the earlier issues in the set are reprints and then for the last 4 or so they did new material.

What I like about your Fight 29 Steve, is that it is a beautiful copy that I am absolutely certain has not been pressed to its potential.

This is a very insightful and telling comment for me - I've been witness to so much manipulation and monkey business over the years (by many of the power brokers in this hobby who continuously try to "slip" one by us), to get a raw - albeit 'nothing' (relatively speaking) - book like this Fight 29 is truly a breath of fresh air.

STEVE