• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,639 posts in this topic

Those are some really wicked looking flying beasts on those covers!

Jon, your books are amazing, but you need to borrow sacentaur's camera to help them reach their full potential. wink.gif

My magic camera comes with the Ronco auto varnish shooting attachment.

I do like their catchy slogan for it, "Just one click away to get a glossy image from our spray!".

STEVE (make mine Larson)

Couple more Larson Planets...

1449128-planet6.jpg1449128-planet7.jpg

Gee JB, those look vaguely familiar...

STEVE (make mine Larson...please!)

the rest of the story is the #6 Steve passed on the #6 years ago at SD (Sparkle City, I believe) and i was standing behind said..."If you don't buy it, I will"......on the #7 it use to be Steve's....as to quality of scan, I get lazy and leave them in the mylar.....i will switch technique on some...jon

I agree with those that comment that the Planets as a set have the best covers of any run. (So there goes the "Planet envy" for Steve F's Church run of them). Too far gone down the collecting years to attempt to amass the run, I bought from Metro the publisher's bound set of Planets 1-60 last year. 5 volumes. Great way to enjoy the covers of this run. And as many comics that are compressed, most of the copies are in very nice condition (yeah, yeah they are trimmed- but it does not diminish the impact of the books for a fraction of the cost otherwise)....jon

I don't get Planet comics.

Are there great covers with Rich colors? Gorgeous ladies? Evil twisted mutant monsters? Sleek spaceships? Heroic Spaceman with ray guns?

Really, what's all the excitement about?

PlanetSetSm.jpg

I don't get Planet comics.

Are there great covers with Rich colors? Gorgeous ladies? Evil twisted mutant monsters? Sleek spaceships? Heroic Spaceman with ray guns?

Really, what's all the excitement about?

PlanetSetSm.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893whatthe.gif

OK, adamstrange wins the "coolest Planet group photo ever" award... hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE (make mine Larson)

How about we compromise on "for now"? Until you finish your 1 - 10 set or Fishler posts the run?

893whatthe.gif

OK, adamstrange wins the "coolest Planet group photo ever" award... hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE (make mine Larson)

How about we compromise on "for now"? Until you finish your 1 - 10 set or Fishler posts the run?

Are some of those pedigree copies?

893whatthe.gif

STEVE (make mine Larson)

Yes. 6 of them.

893whatthe.gif

STEVE (make mine Larson)

Yes. 6 of them.

Can you elaborate please. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifgrin.gif

893whatthe.gif

STEVE (make mine Larson)

Yes. 6 of them.

Can you elaborate please. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifgrin.gif

893whatthe.gif And spoil the game?

You wouldn't want the crossword puzzle all filled in before you had a chance to solve it? confused-smiley-013.gif

There's actually enough info in that scan to identify the books, though it would be a bit easier if the scans were larger, like this one:

Planet66.jpg

Fabulous run Adam. The early numbers may be harder to find in HG and are certainly more expensive, making a nice looking collection extremely impressive, but the GGA focus of the later issues makes the covers tops in my opinion.