• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,647 posts in this topic

Amazing, incredible bondage cover, and look how red it is. I'm giddy.

893applaud-thumb.gif Watch out, rjpb will jump you for the copy. He was all excited when he saw the one I bought from 143ksk a while ago and yours has deeper reds! thumbsup2.gif

Let's balance the red with this blue. The scan does not do justice to the solid clean blue on this cover -

1832110-Fight70.jpg

1832110-Fight70.jpg.aec27a372f10698b4f87810de92ca277.jpg

Amazing, incredible bondage cover, and look how red it is. I'm giddy.

893applaud-thumb.gif Watch out, rjpb will jump you for the copy. He was all excited when he saw the one I bought from 143ksk a while ago and yours has deeper reds! thumbsup2.gif

Let's balance the red with this blue. The scan does not do justice to the solid clean blue on this cover -

1832110-Fight70.jpg

Rich colors on that one - is that one of the warehouse copies listed on ebay recently?

As for Jungle #99 - I think I might put that back on my want list - I got rid of the few FH books I had last year, except

for Fight #31 (that will be one of the last to go), but maybe I should start looking again. I bought a decidedly "orange" Jungle #99 on ebay for cheap a few years back and the stupid mail lady folded the mailer in half horizontally to fit it through the slot foreheadslap.gif I collected the insurance and the PO kept the book - hardly worth the effort for a $40 book.

I got rid of the few FH books I had last year, except for Fight #31 (that will be one of the last to go)

When it does, it can find a good home at my house. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Rich colors on that one - is that one of the warehouse copies listed on ebay recently?

Possibly. The seller relisted another copy the day after I popped the BIN on this copy!

My FH day wasn't over actually. When I took the dog out this evening, I found this waiting for me under the porch. This sweet thing is courtesy of Mr. Bedrock 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif Thank you Richard! -

1832538-Fight52.jpg

1832538-Fight52.jpg.a7183e1bb5261c7f46763bdb1abdc476.jpg

Got this one awhile ago but thought I would post it anyway.....

jumbocomics19.jpg

That's a great early Jumbo issue -- love the gorilla on the cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Possibly. The seller relisted another copy the day after I popped the BIN on this copy!

My FH day wasn't over actually. When I took the dog out this evening, I found this waiting for me under the porch. This sweet thing is courtesy of Mr. Bedrock 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif Thank you Richard! -

1832538-Fight52.jpg

Wow! That looks painful even before he cuts the rope! Sweet book!

And wouldn't the Tigers just eat the meat that's already tied up? confused-smiley-013.gif

Must-resist-pull-of-GG-books! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Edited by Jayman

We've been talking about GA artist Fletcher Hanks (and the new Fantagraphic book just published) over in the Fox thread. Here's the 1st appearance of Big Red McLane from Fight #1...Hanks sure liked the fist flyin' action!

100_2016.jpg

STEVE

Hi gang,

Now that Fletcher Hanks has appeared here in the Fiction House thread maybe a few of you can help me out. I am putting together a definitive Fletcher Hanks checklist and need confirmation that the Big Red McLane stories in Fight Comics are, indeed by Hanks.

If anyone has Fight # 2, 4, 5, 7,8, or 9, could you post a page or two from the Big Red tales in those books for Hanks verification.

...and if you don't know who Fletcher Hanks is, go to my website or pick up my new book "I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets; The Comics of Fletcher Hanks".

www.fletcherhanks.com

thanks,

Paul Karasik

This book was shown in the "Detroit Trolley" thread as part of a group shot....didn't know if you guys saw it. VF++ unrestored OW/W pages #29. I do not collect Fiction House comics, but had to have this high grade gem as soon as I saw it!

1843110-jumbo29001.jpg

1843110-jumbo29002.jpg

1843110-jumbo29003.jpg

Steve

1843110-jumbo29003.jpg.2fb6403d670f19f86476942a1e600a39.jpg