• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,651 posts in this topic

No need to use his gun when that GI can defeat the 3 soldiers with just his fists! :applause:

Fight26.jpg

Nothing like having a rough, tough sailor taking names and kicking Nazi butt to save the little lady. :headbang:

Nothing like having a rough, tough sailor taking names and kicking Nazi butt to save the little lady. :headbang:

I've always thought the "bad guy" resembled Hitler with his little mustache and his pirate armband that is close to a swashtika looking armband.

I also think that the cover resembles a Zolnerowich style cover, I like Celardo too what few books I know he did.

Just back from CGC:

scan0015.jpg

You never see a Fight 38, especially looking like that.

Awesome copy! That's what makes this thread so much fun.

Thanks, guys. As many have pointed out, Fiction House seems to have a lot of variability in the intensity of the cover colors.

That part of the Fight run does have some of my favorite covers.

Edited by walclark

I've always thought the "bad guy" resembled Hitler with his little mustache and his pirate armband that is close to a swashtika looking armband.

I also think that the cover resembles a Zolnerowich style cover, I like Celardo too what few books I know he did.

I had to look twice at it because it was "Zolnish" without being Zolnerowich. The label, of course, provides the answer but it's still a nice job by Celardo.

Thanks! #32 is a definitely a great cover image.

I think that #40 might have been the first Fiction House I ever bought and was certainly the first Fight I bought. I was attracted to the pulp-like image with the woman in chains and the menacing vulture (buzzard to those of us in the South).

I think that #40 might have been the first Fiction House I ever bought and was certainly the first Fight I bought. I was attracted to the pulp-like image with the woman in chains and the menacing vulture (buzzard to those of us in the South).

That whole run from #30 to #46 just leapt out at me when I first looked at the photojournal. They are all greaty arent they?

Let's shift the focus a little with Planet Comics, and let's begin at the beginning. Not exactly the Denver copy, but my first ever copy of #1 and I cant tell you how delighted I am!

PlanetComics155-1.jpg

Edited by alanna

That whole run from #30 to #46 just leapt out at me when I first looked at the photojournal. They are all greaty arent they?

Let's shift the focus a little with Planet Comics, and let's begin at the beginning. Not exactly the Denver copy, but my first ever copy of #1 and I cant tell you how delighted I am!

PlanetComics155-1.jpg

That's a beauty! Congrats, Michael! :applause: