• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

It's not easy to follow buttock's spread, but here's one recently arrived, and another I'm just getting around to posting. Some corner issues, but otherwise they're showing pretty well.

planet_52_300dpi_5wd_q8_zps5iqr87nq.jpg

Man, I'm gonna have to put this one on my list. Especially if I can find one with colors like THAT! :acclaim:

It's not easy to follow buttock's spread, but here's one recently arrived, and another I'm just getting around to posting. Some corner issues, but otherwise they're showing pretty well.

Man, I'm gonna have to put this one on my list. Especially if I can find one with colors like THAT! :acclaim:

While only a CGC 6.5, I purchased my copy of that book for the strong colors it has:

PlanetComics52CGC65_zpsb1fb0864.jpg

as per usual, I am just amazed at the differences in color on the Fiction House books.

While only a CGC 6.5, I purchased my copy of that book for the strong colors it has:

as per usual, I am just amazed at the differences in color on the Fiction House books.

:takeit:

Yep, those differences in color strikes never cease to amaze (at least for comic geeks like us -- my wife could care less!). I love those reds and dinosaur purples on Artboy's version. It seems like there are fewer red/purple versions out there than yellow/blue versions. Wonder if that means the printer started with red (and ran out of red), or started with yellow (and ran out of yellow). Or were they printed at totally different places or times...?

Thanks all! It was a very nice deal to complete. The 2 Wings have the best colors I've ever seen

That's an impressive pile you posted! :o(worship) I picked up some beautiful Wings last year, they were ebay auctions but won them from the same collector. Was blown away by the color when I opened the box, if they look this good after all this time, imagining seeing them fresh from printing--Good stuff! (thumbs u

212fsjp.jpg

jube2r.jpg

Yep, those differences in color strikes never cease to amaze (at least for comic geeks like us -- my wife could care less!). I love those reds and dinosaur purples on Artboy's version. It seems like there are fewer red/purple versions out there than yellow/blue versions. Wonder if that means the printer started with red (and ran out of red), or started with yellow (and ran out of yellow). Or were they printed at totally different places or times...?

For years I assumed that FH books were particularly prone to fading. While fading may sometimes explain why some copies have less vibrant cover colors, it's become evident from many of the examples posted in this thread (including these two copies) that something else must have been going on.

why was it so popular to tie women to tanks, airplanes, torture devices, bombs, and just about everything you could think of back then?

there was no internet, no video games ...there just wasn't anything fun to do so they played tie-up games.

why was it so popular to tie women to tanks, airplanes, torture devices, bombs, and just about everything you could think of back then?

there was no internet, no video games ...there just wasn't anything fun to do so they played tie-up games.

You forgot steamboats :baiting:

IMG_7825.jpgfree photo upload

Edited by Ricksneatstuff