• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2021 at 5:12 PM, Miamiknight3434 said:

Hey Gang

After 2 years this mini run is over. This tittle sparked my interest back into golden age two years ago. Thank you to all the boardies for the support and friendship during this process. The goal is to upgrade as time continues and also will start the mission to put together my beloved fight run back like I did a 8 years ago. 

IMG-20210906-WA0002.jpg

Holy bananas! That's *awesome*, Ivan! And strong colors on a lot of those puppies!  :applause:

Thanks guys! The #13 and #19 here are particular gems. They were from that complete run of Rangers that was auctioned on ebay the winter before last... some of you here might remember. Quite the feeding frenzy!

On 9/8/2021 at 12:10 PM, Point Five said:

Thanks guys! The #13 and #19 here are particular gems. They were from that complete run of Rangers that was auctioned on ebay the winter before last... some of you here might remember. Quite the feeding frenzy!

Yes, I remember. They had a really nice 2 & 3 well they were all nice lol

On 9/8/2021 at 4:56 PM, Miamiknight3434 said:

Yes, I remember. They had a really nice 2 & 3 well they were all nice lol

Yep yep. I angsted over both of those but couldn't swing 'em. A fellow boardie did get the #3 and posted it.

As I recall, some books were undergraded, some had random flaws and were actually a bit overgraded, but the eye appeal/freshness on nearly all of them seemed pretty darn nice.

On 9/8/2021 at 4:06 PM, Point Five said:

Yep yep. I angsted over both of those but couldn't swing 'em. A fellow boardie did get the #3 and posted it.

As I recall, some books were undergraded, some had random flaws and were actually a bit overgraded, but the eye appeal/freshness on nearly all of them seemed pretty darn nice.

I remember those books as well. Still kicking myself for not getting the 2. :cry:

On 9/11/2021 at 8:16 PM, Miamiknight3434 said:

One step closer to have issue 1 to the big 5 FH tittles 😍

20210911_204759.thumb.jpg.2963ce8cd3f1f0820f882f69a66f6317.jpg

Awesome Wings 1, Ivan! Pretty under appreciated FH title in my opinion. Some very cool stuff inside those books! Congrats!!

On 9/11/2021 at 6:16 PM, Miamiknight3434 said:

One step closer to have issue 1 to the big 5 FH tittles 😍

20210911_204759.thumb.jpg.2963ce8cd3f1f0820f882f69a66f6317.jpg

Cool book Miami, congrats! Yeah, great WWII aviation content in that one. All the #1's from the big six huh? That will be a nice group. I have only two and most likely be as far as I get. Wouldn't mind a Planet #1 though. Never owned one. I've picked at the run for like forever and only have about 2/3rds of them. 

bvwings1.jpg

comjungle1.jpg

On 9/12/2021 at 10:33 AM, Robot Man said:

Cool book Miami, congrats! Yeah, great WWII aviation content in that one. All the #1's from the big six huh? That will be a nice group. I have only two and most likely be as far as I get. Wouldn't mind a Planet #1 though. Never owned one. I've picked at the run for like forever and only have about 2/3rds of them. 

bvwings1.jpg

comjungle1.jpg

Very nice Jungle 1 RM! I just love the face Fine drew on that Lion.

On 9/12/2021 at 11:33 AM, Robot Man said:

bvwings1.jpg

comjungle1.jpg

These are great RM. I thought it was 5 tittles but you are most likely correct and I missed one lol

Planets are tough.  I had to sacrifice a lot to get my planet 1 and I'm still missing a few pages lol

That jungle one is so pretty

On 9/12/2021 at 9:41 AM, Miamiknight3434 said:

I didn't know this existed and I need it in my life lol

RM I assume these don't pop up often huh

Well now, it's right there on the lower left corner of your entombed funny book. Has a nice ad inside if you want to join. Seriously, I've had it for years. Probably got it in a Hakes auction. About the only place stuff like this turns up. I would imagine pretty scarce. How many people would relate it to the comic book unless you were a collector and knew to look for it?