• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:
1 hour ago, Sarg said:

No cover artist known?

Excellent question! Not sure why CGC has it unattributed. On comics.org, there seems to be good support for Nick Cardy being the cover artist. I’m tempted to inform CGC about this…

… and then wait 6 months or so for them to reholder it with Cardy’s name on the label. 

The main figures, both from image, art style and inking, look quintessentially Zolnerowich.  I've not seen anything like them done by Cardy, though some of the background easily could be.  This attribution was supposedly confirmed with Cardy but, sixty years after the fact, his recollection might be a little suspect.

1 hour ago, adamstrange said:

The main figures, both from image, art style and inking, look quintessentially Zolnerowich.  I've not seen anything like them done by Cardy, though some of the background easily could be.  This attribution was supposedly confirmed with Cardy but, sixty years after the fact, his recollection might be a little suspect.

Agreed. The girl especially screams Zolnerowich to me.

On 7/21/2021 at 5:37 PM, Scrooge said:

On the other hand, I believe I sold this book for $20 on the boards several years later doh!

Ghost10.jpg.86f40e4b4a63aff460fb2e43c7634772.jpg

Yep, I feel this. I sold a stack this nice circa early 2000s. Fiction House were often my go-to when raising funds for something else.

On 7/21/2021 at 5:37 PM, Scrooge said:

On the other hand, I believe I sold this book for $20 on the boards several years later doh!

Ghost10.jpg.86f40e4b4a63aff460fb2e43c7634772.jpg

We all have stories of letting go and can kick myself for many in the past :cry:

On 7/24/2021 at 7:25 AM, Zolnerowich said:

And Zolnerowich was The Bestofwhich!

He certainly was!

Here is another Zolne cover recently added to the collection.  (The cover I’ve jokingly heard called the first pole dancing cover in comics).

2843C8A1-4BD0-4B3A-9FD4-69A479E2B890.jpeg

On 7/24/2021 at 3:11 PM, Spyder! said:

He certainly was!

Here is another Zolne cover recently added to the collection.  (The cover I’ve jokingly heard called the first pole dancing cover in comics).

2843C8A1-4BD0-4B3A-9FD4-69A479E2B890.jpeg

Cool book!!! I've always admired that one, with the poor zombie-oid chap shackled to his treasure chest.