• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

Lordy...My favorite Friction House book. Not as concerned about the technical grade. But if it has superb color, I might have to drive the price up and make the new owner pay hard for it...:devil:

I know the color was real weak on the #31 so I wasn’t tempted in the least.

Edited by Robot Man

On 7/29/2021 at 12:24 PM, Robot Man said:

Lordy...My favorite Friction House book. Not as concerned about the technical grade. But if it has superb color, I might have to drive the price up and make the new owner pay hard for it...:devil:

I know the color was real weak on the #31 so I wasn’t tempted in the least.

lol I feel you RM. I get what you mean about the #31 my favorite color wise from the batch is the 34. The colors are usually dull on this book.

On 7/30/2021 at 2:29 PM, MattTheDuck said:

My first Golden Age "war" book, in today's mail courtesy of @Point Five

Fight Comics - 42.jpg

That’s a beauty! The colors just pop as you want on a FH book. I saw that copy and was very tempted to upgrade for color but have just spent way to much lately. Enjoy it! 

On 8/1/2021 at 12:15 PM, Miamiknight3434 said:

Thanks Jared. I'm really pumped about it. Now I just need number 11

On 8/1/2021 at 2:24 PM, Zolnerowich said:

Jungle 11 is a standout Jungle for sure!

Here's my copy (courtesy of the Rick With Neat Stuff)...

:Jungle_11.thumb.jpg.120d103d5064a0193dd3b62bf66f6e78.jpg

Jungle 11 really is a special book. Sold the only copy I’ve ever owned, like a doofus!

Nice book Jay!

On 8/1/2021 at 3:37 PM, Spyder! said:

Jungle 11 really is a special book. Sold the only copy I’ve ever owned, like a doofus!

Nice book Jay!

Thanks Jared!! :foryou:

Once you complete your Planet run, the path will be wide open for you to embrace the Jungle!

On 8/5/2021 at 8:47 PM, szav said:

Been waiting a bit to see more FH come in before commenting, but the colors are most Promise FH books have been pretty disappointing.  I wonder if whatever region the collection was in tended to get books from later in the printing process when they were faded and running out of inks like this sad sad 9.2.

image.png.ea29e9f6a8c173f98680909cd80304b3.png

@szav I agree with the example you provided but some of the current fights are pretty solid.

On 8/5/2021 at 8:47 PM, szav said:

Been waiting a bit to see more FH come in before commenting, but the colors are most Promise FH books have been pretty disappointing.  I wonder if whatever region the collection was in tended to get books from later in the printing process when they were faded and running out of inks like this sad sad 9.2.

image.png.ea29e9f6a8c173f98680909cd80304b3.png

And here's a good one that recently sold on Heritage for a lousy $126.  Watch the Promise bile copy go for $3k or $5k or...:screwy:

wings.thumb.jpg.b56de09e59a190c36512ba44a7e60811.jpg