• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art Day -1970s Wonder Woman Cheesy Goodness

10 posts in this topic

Got these just before the holidays, but finally up on CAF.

Seeing both side by side, realized it was the same author, colorist and letterer(ist) - but more interestingly the release date for both was the same month of the same year. It's interesting to see Wonder Woman in 2 completely different kind of stories at the same time

While I started collecting in the 1980s, these 70s pages remind me a lot of the super hero cartoons I watched growing up.

If anyone out there feels like posting some other such works, it would be fun to see.

Also - looking at the art has got me wanting to go back and read some of this stuff. Any suggestions on collections? or specific runs you would recommend?

Ti6eSDu2_071216222044lola.jpg

th2JpZzq_071216222115lola.jpg

wonder woman link

jla link

Love the Delbo splash! I was contemplating but couldn't make it happen.

Congrats!

You have a ton of great stuff. I love your gallery.

For anyone that hasn't seen Ankur's CAF gallery - check it out. Tons of fun stuff to see.

I am fond of a bunch of stuff there -but sticking with the DC theme - check out this fantastic Wonder Woman Splash by Don Heck

Really great pickups! Going to be tough to find a better Delbo WW splash!

I've visited the Wonder Woman title of the late 70's recently via digital means, the Delbo era was excellent.

Many of the very late 70's Delbo WW covers inked by Giordano are outstanding and to use a well overused word, underrated, if not vastly underrated.

Love the Delbo splash! I was contemplating but couldn't make it happen.

Congrats!

You have a ton of great stuff. I love your gallery.

For anyone that hasn't seen Ankur's CAF gallery - check it out. Tons of fun stuff to see.

I am fond of a bunch of stuff there -but sticking with the DC theme - check out this fantastic Wonder Woman Splash by Don Heck

Thanks!

I love that splash!