• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edgar Church Hits coming up on HA
1 1

321 posts in this topic

Just now, batman_fan said:
6 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

$31,070

:whatthe:

Yeah, I was bidding on that one and the MM 63 to add to my Hitler covers.  Lost on them both.  Should probably have been more aggressive on the MM 63, but $4K for a 7.0 with a detached cf, seemed too high for me.

41 minutes ago, batman_fan said:
51 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Congrats! Two great books.  I have one win so far. 

Spill the beans

37 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Seven Seas 4 $14,340 Record price for a Baker cover, I think. 

Wow, now that's what I call MANNINGUP as Mitch would say.  :golfclap:

Any idea where and if the Church copy of this book has ever shown up in the marketplace before?  hm

Congrats again on picking up a fantastic book.  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Yeah, I was bidding on that one and the MM 63 to add to my Hitler covers.  Lost on them both.  Should probably have been more aggressive on the MM 63, but $4K for a 7.0 with a detached cf, seemed too high for me.

I would agree.  Surprised at that price, but I guess that's today's market for Hitler covers.

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

I actually thought the non-Batman #1s were a bit on the soft side, maybe 10-20% lower than I expected. Haven't checked the Detectives I was tracking (mainly issue 44). 

As I was following the results, I kept waiting for a book to go for less than guide -- typically at least a few do.  But I don't think any of the GA books auctioned today did. 

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I'm not sure a single GA book in this auction went under guide. 

Haven't had time to take a close look at the results yet since I just got back from some grocery shopping.

Looks like the White Page CGC Highest Graded copy of World's Finest #6 came close coming in at only $1,075 versus a condition guide price of $1,037.  :gossip:

Guess the World's Finest series of books are still sitting in the doghouse where they have been for the past couple of decades.  Not sure what's going to get them out of there, unlike the Wonder Woman related books which finally managed to get out of their doghouse with the movie hype, after an almost similar extended period of malaise.  hm

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Wow, now that's what I call MANNINGUP as Mitch would say.  :golfclap:

Any idea where and if the Church copy of this book has ever shown up in the marketplace before?  hm

Congrats again on picking up a fantastic book.  (thumbsu

+ 1. Congrats!

1 hour ago, tth2 said:
6 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Strong prices on the Barks Four Colors

Crazy that a 9.2 FC 108 went for more than a 9.2 FC 199.

Not sure why it would be crazy that a FC 108 sells for for than a FC 199 in equivalent grade since they both have artwork by Carl Barks?  ???

I thought this would almost be expected since the FC 108 guides for almost double what the FC 199 is valued at in Overstreet.  (shrug)

Nevertheless, some strong prices on these Barks FC's plus the Funnies with the first appearance of Woody Woodpecker.  Surprisingly, I guess there's still some life left in these funny animal books after all.  :golfclap:

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure why it would be crazy that a FC 108 sells for for than a FC 199 in equivalent grade since they both have artwork by Carl Barks?  ???

I thought this would almost be expected since the FC 108 guides for almost double what the FC 199 is valued at in Overstreet.  (shrug)

FC 108 is fairly common in high grade compared to FC 199.  And the cover for FC 199 is iconic.  I've owned a 9.4 FC 108, but never a 9.4 FC 199.  I'd much rather own the latter.

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I think someone mentioned this before, but the Action 80 price $3,585 surprised me.  Mr. Mxyztplk movie on the way? hm

I believe he made his first movie/TV appearance in this week's episode of Supergirl back on Monday.  :gossip:

On 2/23/2017 at 7:57 PM, lou_fine said:

Haven't had time to take a close look at the results yet since I just got back from some grocery shopping.

Looks like the White Page CGC Highest Graded copy of World's Finest #6 came close coming in at only $1,075 versus a condition guide price of $1,037.  :gossip:

Guess the World's Finest series of books are still sitting in the doghouse where they have been for the past couple of decades.  Not sure what's going to get them out of there, unlike the Wonder Woman related books which finally managed to get out of their doghouse with the movie hype, after an almost similar extended period of malaise.  hm

The 1950s wf sell for multiples of guide many times