• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edgar Church Hits coming up on HA
1 1

321 posts in this topic

I was amused to learn recently that the great opera singer Florence Foster Jenkins was originally called Narcissa Foster Jenkins. I wonder why she changed it?

Of course, she couldn't sing a note - at least not in key.

Now what made me think of that? hm

Hard to know, you being teetotaler and all. :D

touché

Opera singer, huh - I bet her voice carried weight!

She fits a certain profile...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_Foster_Jenkins

Obnoxious narcissism knows no boundaries.

Get used to it, in a few days that's the new reality. Meltdown margaritas from Mariano's recommended...

image_zpsxujqbonl.jpeg

David you in 5 years :makepoint:

dugan_zps3xwgm5ao.jpg

He looks like someone who's been kicked out of SAMCRO. Great hair though :headbang:

I saw the Hit run at jbcomicbox's place, back when it was still unslabbed. The books are spectacular in every way: colors, pages, ink reflectivity and structure. There is a small chance on a book or two that there will be a structurally nicer copy but, for my money, the chances of finding a more desirable one are about as good as the Astros winning the Superbowl.

Just for the record in case anyone was wondering, jbcomicbox is not the consignor on these books.

I saw the Hit run at jbcomicbox's place, back when it was still unslabbed. The books are spectacular in every way: colors, pages, ink reflectivity and structure. There is a small chance on a book or two that there will be a structurally nicer copy but, for my money, the chances of finding a more desirable one are about as good as the Astros winning the Superbowl.

Just for the record in case anyone was wondering, jbcomicbox is not the consignor on these books.

The thought did come across my mind for a few minutes there, but discounted it almost immediately after that. (thumbs u

I figure the super big boys such as Jon, Veryzl, the Dentist, etc are really in there for the extreme long term and we won't be seeing any of their big books in the marketplace anytime in the foreseeable future.

The thought did come across my mind for a few minutes there, but discounted it almost immediately after that. (thumbs u

I figure the super big boys such as Jon, Veryzl, the Dentist, etc are really in there for the extreme long term and we won't be seeing any of their big books in the marketplace anytime in the foreseeable future.

Indeed. It'd be a sign of the apocalypse (or at least a watershed in the market) if Verzyl decided to part with all the Church Timelys.

Indeed. It'd be a sign of the apocalypse (or at least a watershed in the market) if Verzyl decided to part with all the Church Timelys.

There is a high probability that the Hits are the Dentist's. The Peps were his and he did very well with them.

There is a high probability that the Hits are the Dentist's. The Peps were his and he did very well with them.

He has also been selling a lot of pulps over the past year, I bought several. Is the great divestiture upon us?

Yes, this is also what I had heard about the Pep run on Heritage.

Does this indicate to you that he is starting to dispose of some of his lesser runs and not saving them for his collector son after all? Of course, the sale of the Peps stopped right at issue #21 and did not hit the big one at Issue #22 and the rest of the Archie's going forward.

Still don't see any of the early Church Actions or the Allentown / Church Detective books or would those be the last to go? hm

But if Berk was the previous owner, then by definition he must've sold them to somebody, so perhaps the "extreme long term" is getting shorter.

Haven't bought from Heritage in ages but still on their mailing list:

Our next catalog signature auction is scheduled for February. We are happy to announce that the auction will include a single-owner catalog of one of the most historic collections ever assembled.

Looks like we may have an answer. And as usual, we were all wrong speculating lol

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9749306Post9749306

Our next catalog signature auction is scheduled for February. We are happy to announce that the auction will include a single-owner catalog of one of the most historic collections ever assembled.

Looks like we may have an answer. And as usual, we were all wrong speculating lol

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9749306Post9749306

I'm glad we were wrong!

Yes, this is also what I had heard about the Pep run on Heritage.

Does this indicate to you that he is starting to dispose of some of his lesser runs and not saving them for his collector son after all? Of course, the sale of the Peps stopped right at issue #21 and did not hit the big one at Issue #22 and the rest of the Archie's going forward.

Still don't see any of the early Church Actions or the Allentown / Church Detective books or would those be the last to go? hm

This seems the most likely scenario. He's held onto his core Superman/Batman collection for 25-30 years now and still actively adds to it. There's no reason to think he has any interest in selling.

(And certainly as long as he can pick up a half million here or there selling non-key runs like the Pep I would think he has even less incentive to sell.)

Is docdave the dentist?