• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Collection Discovered!

88 posts in this topic

bumpit.gif for the Action find i'm curious about

You're in a bumpy mood today. smile.gif

me? are you certain you haven't mistooken me for somebody more interesting?

Sorry, I thought it was you bumping all those threads in the Comic General forum, but it was Norrin.

ME!

acclaim.gif

I've bumped half a dozen threads today.

Most of them found 'while I was looking for something else' [to quote John Mayer].

You may now stone me for referencing John Mayer. crazy.gif I shant protest. tonofbricks.gif

<h2>ME!</h2> acclaim.gif

I've bumped half a dozen threads today.

Most of them found 'while I was looking for something else' [to quote John Mayer].

You may now stone me for referencing John Mayer. crazy.gif I shant protest. tonofbricks.gif

You know, I was going to post a picture of a bong with the caption "Stoned You Say" but I realized something. I don't have a picture of a bong. Damn you firewall, Damn you to Hell!!!!! frustrated.gif

Sal, are you still waiting for word on the Suspense Comics #3 also?

tonofbricks.gif

errr...just what are you trying to say, paulllll?

27_laughing.gif

Neat when these older threads get unexpectedly revived and active again...........the end of 2006 is when I started to switch my collecting focus to primarily superhero / Golden Age..............it had previously been Silver, Platinum, and esoteric Golden Age like Reform School Girl! and Black Cat 50.

I 1st learned of the Detroit Trolley collection thru Scoop!, and kept checking out the collection in Marnin's website. This past winter I kept coming back to one book....the NM 9.4 More Fun 62 listed for $12,500. As stunning as the book was, I could not justify spending that much on a non-key, no matter how beautiful it was....but I had to have it! I offered $9,500 and the offer was accepted...probably barely. The book came with a signed Susan Cicconi certificate confirming it is unresotred, and a signed" from the Detroit Trolley collection" certificate from Marnin. I thought it would be a great book to start my new GA superhero journey with, and I was not disapointed..........

1782730-mf62.jpg

1782730-mf62.jpg.0c1300689acf9a5bf1293207b1ae62f4.jpg

Neat when these older threads get unexpectedly revived and active again...........the end of 2006 is when I started to switch my collecting focus to primarily superhero / Golden Age..............it had previously been Silver, Platinum, and esoteric Golden Age like Reform School Girl! and Black Cat 50.

I 1st learned of the Detroit Trolley collection thru Scoop!, and kept checking out the collection in Marnin's website. This past winter I kept coming back to one book....the NM 9.4 More Fun 62 listed for $12,500. As stunning as the book was, I could not justify spending that much on a non-key, no matter how beautiful it was....but I had to have it! I offered $9,500 and the offer was accepted...probably barely. The book came with a signed Susan Cicconi certificate confirming it is unresotred, and a signed" from the Detroit Trolley collection" certificate from Marnin. I thought it would be a great book to start my new GA superhero journey with, and I was not disapointed..........

1782730-mf62.jpg

truly a stunning copy...

gator

truly a stunning copy...gator

Wait till you see it in person 893whatthe.gif

The book came with a signed Susan Cicconi certificate confirming it is unresotred

Isn't it great to know that these books are raw Steve, and that they haven't been manipulated by one of the infamous Greed Merchants?

The Superman #1 in the collection is coverless tonofbricks.gif

Yup, that's a shame. The Whiz (2)1 also has a deteched cover, but a nice All Star 3 should be coming up shortly.

STEVE