• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things you like about the new boards
1 1

84 posts in this topic

I've already mentioned it a couple of times, but the drag and drop option for attaching pics is a tremendous help.

Also, not to be too much of a suckup, but thanks to the folks for making it happen at all. No one ever said CGC had to even have a message board, much less one that can be as routinely contentious as this one.  It's cool that they even go to the trouble to host it at all, much less bother with trying to improve it. So, in the end I may not be 100% in love with what we've got, but I'm glad we've got it.

What we like? I have not explored everything about the new boards, but I like the dot/star thing that lets us know where we had posted before.

About the drag and drop - does this mean I can drag right from my hard drive without uploading to another site like photobucket first? If so then that is cool.

4 minutes ago, ThreeSeas said:

About the drag and drop - does this mean I can drag right from my hard drive without uploading to another site like photobucket first? If so then that is cool.

Yes.

Something else I like is that hovering gives you a wealth of information.

Hover over usernames to see more info about them. Once the boards have a better color scheme / skin option this is going to make the boards look much cleaner without having to display all the additional, redundant information.

Hover over thread titles to see 1st / last post.

Still checking out new things but hovering is an interesting feature.

The search feature is very different but it looks easier to use once you're used to it.

Really a shame you can't search Private Messages! :cry:

1 minute ago, VintageComics said:

The search feature is very different but it looks easier to use once you're used to it.

Really a shame you can't search Private Messages! :cry:

You sure can. Have to open it to full view then click the gear on the bottom, you can search by topic or user

3 minutes ago, MetalPSI? said:

You sure can. Have to open it to full view then click the gear on the bottom, you can search by topic or user

Strange, clicking on the gear only gives me two options: "Mark All Read" or "Empty"

Just now, MetalPSI? said:

It's beside the search field, and not very obvious

Got it. It's tiny but I found it.

So you CAN search PMs now. That is just freaking brilliant and worth the price of admission alone.