• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Ashcan interior pages

138 posts in this topic

tth2:

What's the benefit to him? Why go through all the trouble to trick people if you can't profit from it? He might be able to dupe some unsuspecting collector, but he can't sell me a counterfeit ashcan. Or anyone on this board for that matter.

I'm just baffled by the whole thing.

not looking for attention, will give my entire collection to my kids when i pass, then maybe someone else can have my golden age collection .

Gary not meaning to be EVASIVE but i will not disclose where i got it is authentic never the less.

Really I do not give a sh@# if anyone believes me or not i gave you the scans as you requested now it goes back into the safe.

Dave ( aka ) ravencomics

not looking for attention, will give my entire collection to my kids when i pass, then maybe someone else can have my golden age collection .

Gary not meaning to be EVASIVE but i will not disclose where i got it is authentic never the less.

Really I do not give a sh@# if anyone believes me or not i gave you the scans as you requested now it goes back into the safe.

Dave ( aka ) ravencomics

That's good. Give them to your kids. Then maybe, they will THROW THEM IN THE TRASH where they belong 27_laughing.gif. And by the way, in regards to evading Gary from determining it's origin, you are shunning away a dealer who is an AUTHORITY in Golden Age ashcans. I, along with EVERYONE ELSE ON THESE BOARDS will take his word over yours EVERYTIME thumbsup2.gif.

Fellow Chicagoan,

K

Really I do not give a sh@# if anyone believes me or not.

That's good, because: WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!!! Now please, get off the boards and stop polluting the GA forum.

I'm prepared to believe this ashcan is for real. It is possible it is known to have been taken from somewhere under questionable circumstances and the current owner does not want to open himself or his source to possible incrimination.

On a technical level, no matter how well executed a photoshop dropout of colour might be, the image would have less 'information' than the source - i.e. a printed copy

Things that I would expect from the ashcan that I don't see are:

1) some fine line details that present in the B&W version that are less defined or missing from the printed version.

2) more 'bleed' - the term for extended art on the top, bottom and right hand sides that would have been cut off on most printed copies.

I think it's possible the current owner. Ravencomics, obtained this ashcan in good faith, and does not to open himself to the possibility that he was duped.

This sort of 'fantastic deal' happens in the real art world regularly. Previously undiscovered Picassos and Rembrandt etchings are out there if you have the cash, are looking for a bargain, and don't ask too many questions.

A good quality scan or photocopy of the cover would answer a lot of questions.

It's lack only raises them.

Mike Feldman

Raven, Normally I don't respond to nonsense but I wanted to set the record straight. Do you remember this post?

"Posts: 137

Re: superman ashcan *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by Ravencomics

Edited by ravencomics (01/18/05 01:45 PM) "

I believe this was when you posted a picture of the 9.0 Superman ashcan and told us that you owned the copy. Your assertion was proven false so you deleted your post. I still have the pm from you where you stated that you own the Superman ashcan. 893naughty-thumb.gif

It is possible it is known to have been taken from somewhere under questionable circumstances and the current owner does not want to open himself or his source to possible incrimination.

Um...known by who? I suspect that if this book were the real deal, and had been stolen at some point as you suggest, someone on these boards would have heard about it.

It's easy to manufacture a story to support someone's claim, but with nothing to back it up, it's not even worth mentioning.

i just thought i would respond to you by saying it is real , real to me and that is all that matters to me.

thanks

raven

Cool, I like your philosophy! thumbsup2.gif I'm going to drive home in my real Lamborghini tonight. Well, it's a real Lamborghini to me. Others may look at it and see a Toyota, but [#@$%!!!] them, only my version of reality counts!

"...it is real, real to me..."

Now I get it. Raven created his ash-can for himself. It's not an authentic ashcan created by DC to secure the Batman trademark.

It's a fake ashcan created by Raven to secure his spot in the comic book collecting Hall of Shame.

Now I really feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. foreheadslap.gif