• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Ashcan interior pages

138 posts in this topic

i need more posts of raven using the screen name similar to mine,so if you could ask him more questions,i can get printouts of him using a screen name very identical to mine,the more he answers the more ill have to use as proof to follow through...

You don't need me, ask him yourself:

UMC044.jpg

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

also that book was incapsulated as a 3.5[action 1] by cgc...and you have it there UNcapsulated

That's because CGC won't encapsulate fake books.

And they won't incapsulate them either! tongue.gif

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's ALTERNATE SPELLING MAN!!!! 893whatthe.gifhail.gif

i've seen some train wreck threads in my day, but this one takes the cake.

it takes the cake, wipes it all over its flabby, hairy body, stuffs it down its engorged gullet, and vomits it up all over a cheap linoleum floor. then it takes a picture of itself with a PointFive Megapixel camera, but off center for good measure.

really, this here is the ne plus ultra of trainwreck threads. it should be bronzed or something

Raven's Bat-Man ashcan is a beautiful item. If it's a hoax, it's an elaborate hoax. If it's real, I would say it's the most important discovery in the comics field since Joe Desris walked into the Chicago Mini-con that Sunday back in 1985.

The cover is Detective 35. The interior is I believe Detective 36 (can someone please check this - I think the story is the one where Batman is lost in the country and stumbles on a kidnapping...?). The cover, though very white (and fuzzy), looks like a typical velox paper ashcan cover. The interior is very tannish or brown and is even missing a piece off the bottom corner of the splash page. This, too, is common of authentic ashcans.

Now, Raven has mentioned that he has a lot of low grade GA. Dropping the color out of the cover to a Tec 35 isn't that hard any longer. The logo is from an earlier issue of Detective (earlier than 35 that is) you take a scan of the logo and add it to the washed out cover, then you take the guts from a coverless 36 and you have an ashcan.

I don't know if that's what he's done. I hope not,. But the biggest red flag I see is the discrepancy of the logos on the cover and the splash page of the interior. DC specifically used ashcans to trademark logos. The Superman logo on the Superman ashcan is the official logo. Same on the Wonder Woman. Same on the Action Comics. Same on the World's Best, same on the All-Star, same on the Flash, etc. Why would they have tried to trademark an old logo (BAT-MAN) when they had already decided to drop the hyphen? (see BATMAN logo on interior splash)?

And I have repeatedly asked Dave (his real first name) if he knows the provenance of the book. And if he didn't - would he please tell me where and when he acquired it. He has avoided answering these questions every time I've brought them up.

I want this book to be real. If it is maybe there's a Green Lantern ashcan out there somewhere - and some other cool discoveries just waiting to be unearthed. Why he continues to refuse to answer the simplest questions - the questions that any collector would be expected to answer and would be happy to answer - confounds me and disappoints me.

Raven, for the last time, when and where did you get this book? Give us the details or get the heck out of here.

Why he continues to refuse to answer the simplest questions - the questions that any collector would be expected to answer and would be happy to answer - confounds me and disappoints me.

Gary, you're being too nice about this. If it sounds like a hoax, looks like a hoax and smells like a hoax, and the huckster refuses to provide information that would prove it's not a hoax, guess what? It's a hoax!

Why he continues to refuse to answer the simplest questions - the questions that any collector would be expected to answer and would be happy to answer - confounds me and disappoints me.

Gary, you're being too nice about this. If it sounds like a hoax, looks like a hoax and smells like a hoax, and the huckster refuses to provide information that would prove it's not a hoax, guess what? It's a hoax!

That's too logical a response for this thread. Please use a shill from the retarded nebula and post your new answer using a single run-on sentence without the aid of punctuation. Then remind all here how you "havd sum key silvr comics and will post pic suon". This is the golden age section after all, and appearances need to be kept up.

That's too logical a response for this thread. Please use a shill from the retarded nebula and post your new answer using a single run-on sentence without the aid of punctuation. Then remind all here how you "havd sum key silvr comics and will post pic suon". This is the golden age section after all, and appearances need to be kept up.

I hear ya Andy, but Gary was making a sincere post, so I wanted to give him my real thoughts without going into satire-land.

This series of threads lately has been amazing. We all know about shills and how people normally use them, but this is the first time I've seen someone create a shill so that they can destroy the shill publicly and thereby bolster their own reputation. Devilishly ingenious and definitely merits an "A" for effort.

P.S. You forgot to throw in some random capital letters to really replicate the writing style. gossip.gif

Raven's Bat-Man ashcan is a beautiful item. If it's a hoax, it's an elaborate hoax. If it's real, I would say it's the most important discovery in the comics field since Joe Desris walked into the Chicago Mini-con that Sunday back in 1985.

The cover is Detective 35. The interior is I believe Detective 36 (can someone please check this - I think the story is the one where Batman is lost in the country and stumbles on a kidnapping...?). The cover, though very white (and fuzzy), looks like a typical velox paper ashcan cover. The interior is very tannish or brown and is even missing a piece off the bottom corner of the splash page. This, too, is common of authentic ashcans.

Now, Raven has mentioned that he has a lot of low grade GA. Dropping the color out of the cover to a Tec 35 isn't that hard any longer. The logo is from an earlier issue of Detective (earlier than 35 that is) you take a scan of the logo and add it to the washed out cover, then you take the guts from a coverless 36 and you have an ashcan.

I don't know if that's what he's done. I hope not,. But the biggest red flag I see is the discrepancy of the logos on the cover and the splash page of the interior. DC specifically used ashcans to trademark logos. The Superman logo on the Superman ashcan is the official logo. Same on the Wonder Woman. Same on the Action Comics. Same on the World's Best, same on the All-Star, same on the Flash, etc. Why would they have tried to trademark an old logo (BAT-MAN) when they had already decided to drop the hyphen? (see BATMAN logo on interior splash)?

And I have repeatedly asked Dave (his real first name) if he knows the provenance of the book. And if he didn't - would he please tell me where and when he acquired it. He has avoided answering these questions every time I've brought them up.

I want this book to be real. If it is maybe there's a Green Lantern ashcan out there somewhere - and some other cool discoveries just waiting to be unearthed. Why he continues to refuse to answer the simplest questions - the questions that any collector would be expected to answer and would be happy to answer - confounds me and disappoints me.

Raven, for the last time, when and where did you get this book? Give us the details or get the heck out of here.

Your post certainly gives him the benifit of the doubt and I think that's cool (seriously)- I did the same for a while when he first started posting. But, the cover of his "ash-can" just doesn't make sense relative to what one would expect from the 4-color printing plates for the a Detective #35... What it looks like is a "desaturated" version of the cover image, a very different thing. As you said, not too hard these days. That said, if he hadn't been so evasive to questions about where he acquired this grail, I might have been willing to continue to give him the benifit of the doubt. Sorry, but I can't do it anymore, especially after his most recent performance... As I said before, I'll be happy to eat crow (raven) if this turns out to be real... but I'm certainly not saving my appetite!

This series of threads lately has been amazing. We all know about shills and how people normally use them, but this is the first time I've seen someone create a shill so that they can destroy the shill publicly and thereby bolster their own reputation. Devilishly ingenious and definitely merits an "A" for effort.

Reading this thread, I really can't figure out who is who. If all the shills really are one person, half this thread is him arguing with himself. screwy.gif Quite a lot of trouble for a plan that ultimately failed. Well, at least the board has an MPD case to go along with our schizophrenic (Luxxcorp) and our sociopaths (Bug, Hammer). Looks like we are one bipolar disorder away from a bona fide loony bin.

Reading this thread, I really can't figure out who is who.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together...

Coo-coo-ka-choo !

is_he_a_walrus.jpg

dmgcsr:

"ash-can..."

Laughed my [#@$%!!!] off at that!

Being a full-blown hopeless romantic is my downfall. My boss' mantra is that "people suck". He and I argue about it all the time.

Lately I've been agreeing with him...