• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Posting a Pic without Using Photobucket

56 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, gadzukes said:

This photo was too large so I took a "screen shot" of it on my computer at a smaller size and it worked, but the photo is pretty small.  Is there a better way to change the size of a photo and still keep the image at a larger size?

On a Mac at least, yes.  Macs come with an application called Preview that has an easy menu-driven resizing tool.  I bet Windows machines come with their own counterpart.

10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:
19 hours ago, namisgr said:

You can copy a Photobucket picture and paste it onto your desktop.  Then you can drag it to 'drag files here to attach', and voila!

Why would you do that when you can just copy in Photobucket and paste it here direct?

For me, both these approaches results in a file size that gets rejected for being too large.  I have to paste in the PB URL via the "Insert other media" dropdown. 

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Testing PB with img

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Why would you do that when you can just copy in Photobucket and paste it here direct?

On my desktop (Mac), I can use Preview to change size and resolution to conform to the Board limit and still make it look as sharp as possible.

The dragging of images is convienent ... and will be great for one-off things.  But a third-party site will still be needed for a) thumbnails and b) larger images... so I wouldn't go deleting all your content just yet.

For showing off a picture of something?  Fantastic!  For setting up a sales thread.. not necessarily so much. 

Still, all in all, a positive step.

Anyway know how to delete an image that you've imported into a post that you no longer want or need, however? I can't figure out how to do that.  Kind of annoying.