• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turned off the sticky header for now

13 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Some people, given their screen resolutions, have felt that the sticky header at the top is too big.

For now, I've turned off the sticky header, to make sure people have enough room on the screen for threads.

32 minutes ago, Architecht said:

Some people, given their screen resolutions, have felt that the sticky header at the top is too big.

For now, I've turned off the sticky header, to make sure people have enough room on the screen for threads.

Frees up some real estate.  That helps!

53 minutes ago, Architecht said:

Thanks.  I noticed this morning when using my iPad that it seemed too large.  As someone else described it, it was likely driving with the visor down.

1 hour ago, Architecht said:

Thank you!   Much better.   Now just need to widen the view.    Too much white space on either side of the posts. 

I've got about 1.75" inches on either side of the forum that is just white space (on a 15"monitor).    It's even worse in PMs where the "inbox" takes up about 25% of the left side of the screen (and still 1.75" on the right side).   

Hope that is something you guys are working on.   :wishluck:

3 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Thank you!   Much better.   Now just need to widen the view.    Too much white space on either side of the posts. 

I've got about 1.75" inches on either side of the forum that is just white space (on a 15"monitor).    It's even worse in PMs where the "inbox" takes up about 25% of the left side of the screen (and still 1.75" on the right side).   

Hope that is something you guys are working on.   :wishluck:

Just make your screen narrower.  :baiting:

temp.jpg

3 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Just make your screen narrower.  :baiting:

temp.jpg

Can't tell if you're serious (in which case I'm effing stupid b/c I don't know how to do it) OR if you're just jerking my chain.  

39 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Can't tell if you're serious (in which case I'm effing stupid b/c I don't know how to do it) OR if you're just jerking my chain.  

I'm joking.  I suggested you simply your window half the current width by dragging the bottom right corner.

43 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

OK.  That's what I thought, but I wasn't 100%.   New boards have got me screwed up.   Patiently waiting for more changes to them to make it a better viewing experience. 

43 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

OK.  That's what I thought, but I wasn't 100%.   New boards have got me screwed up.   Patiently waiting for more changes to them to make it a better viewing experience. 

Your avatar looks strange inside that circle.

The sticky header thing floating down to cover about 1/5th of the screen was not good, on my laptop yesterday when I was hitting the bullets/stars to read new posts that header would usually cover up most of the first new post forcing me to scroll up half a page or so. 

I didn't see the phone version until it was off but the new site seems easier to read/navigate on the phone.

Edited by bababooey
the phone part

41 minutes ago, JazzMan said:

It's the new Chrisco packaging.  Now with no sharp edges!

So what you're saying is that the board software will also change personalities? :P

Edited by VintageComics