• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SENSATION #1 7.5 FOR 8,890.00

17 posts in this topic

Thanks.  Got lucky and purchased it one of the first weeks (the new/current) Sparkle City started posting big books on eBay.  I think it slipped thru the cracks because of that and I felt like I got a great deal even back then.  And I am much happier about it now :) 

12 hours ago, CrocHntr said:

Thanks.  Got lucky and purchased it one of the first weeks (the new/current) Sparkle City started posting big books on eBay.  I think it slipped thru the cracks because of that and I felt like I got a great deal even back then.  And I am much happier about it now :) 

No kidding!  Your original purchase has held up great over time!(worship)

13 minutes ago, CrocHntr said:

I couldn't stand the oversized slab it was in, so took the chance to re-slab and move it to a normal size holder.  It sure is tight though!

I've noticed that as well.  A lot of GA books are really squeezed in the new holders.

On 2/12/2017 at 5:53 PM, CrocHntr said:

I believe the real luck has a lot more to do with the movie and TV hype phenomenon that has swept the comic book marketplace the past few years.  Especially in the case of Wonder Woman with her recent and upcoming appearances in the DC movie universe.  hm

Looks like your original purchase took place back in early 2012 when Wonder Woman was still mired in the midst of a multi-decades slump when even high grade pedigree copies of her key books would often sell for less than guide.  Definitely goes to show that comic books goes in cycles and if you are the long-term collector that doesn't mind holding onto a book, you are bound to win out in the long run.  (thumbsu