• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink Winter Featured Auction
1 1

97 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

My congrats to the buyer but condolences to the seller of the BWS Conan 8 page.  It must be hard to lose over 5k on a 14k purchase in less than a year.  As they used to say on the old Hill Street Blues show--"Let's be careful out there".

Scott

actually, with the seller's premium, it was over a 6k loss.

Two items I wanted, sold a bunch of stuff to pay for them, underbidder on both !!! Bid what I thought was a reasonable amount but not a 'must have it' amount.

I hope there is another online auction with comics or art this year! Or maybe a convention or something. Will be another chance to pick up something nice. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Joe said:

Two items I wanted, sold a bunch of stuff to pay for them, underbidder on both !!! Bid what I thought was a reasonable amount but not a 'must have it' amount.

I hope there is another online auction with comics or art this year! Or maybe a convention or something. Will be another chance to pick up something nice. 

Who is this "Doctor Joe" and what have you done with my broheim "Doc Joe"?? ???  

8 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Who is this "Doctor Joe" and what have you done with my broheim "Doc Joe"?? ???  

Yes, I'm more surprised by the question about another comic or art auction this year where he can buy art.  There are dozens more!  Who is this newbie who replaced Doc Joe?

Malvin

How do I get back to being Doc Joe? I feel like Marty McFly stuck in the past or the future or somewhere. 

Also if you had 25$ spare what comic would you invest in?

Are comics a good investment?

It seems like OA is a foolproof way to make money...might try it!

Help me De-la-soul-kerste , I need Gene therapy... 

19 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

Been feeling the burn of getting outbid on every book I bid on in this Clink auction and I pushed a few into new GPA highs for certain, but yet are rare case of nothing won. I made some runner up bids tonight on the Arthur Adams Asgard Storm sketch, the Julie Bell painting, and the J Scott Cambell Danger Girl page. So a little more of the same, but now in the art dept. I had a bid early on for a Michael Turner sketch, but I saw that was out bid, so I one up bid on the Fathom 3 Variant Cover. Expected to get out bid. Well whadda ya know? I actually won it. Its a good fit in my wheelhouse of Pinup related books and OA.  Ive always enjoyed Turner babes, now I can hang one on the wall.

So I done a little searching after wining this cover last night. I learned that it had originally sold back in Aug 2016 for $5050. Six months and back in and $2700. Just curious what do you guys consider for its value? I've heard it's dangerous to flip art like this and almost ends bad for a quick flipper. Again I'm happy, I feel bad for the seller though. 

10 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

So I done a little searching after wining this cover last night. I learned that it had originally sold back in Aug 2016 for $5050. Six months and back in and $2700. Just curious what do you guys consider for its value? I've heard it's dangerous to flip art like this and almost ends bad for a quick flipper. Again I'm happy, I feel bad for the seller though. 

Just based on the little knowledge I have, I think a Turner cover value easily starts at $3500 mark. I think you got a fabulous deal. 

I've asked several private collectors what they would need to part with a piece, and it's almost always been north of 4K.

any comments on the Byrne Superman & Batman: Generations III (12 covers)?

I wasn't familiar with this series, but some of them seemed cheap for Byrne covers with Batman &/or Superman ($1700).

8 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

Just based on the little knowledge I have, I think a Turner cover value easily starts at $3500 mark. I think you got a fabulous deal. 

I've asked several private collectors what they would need to part with a piece, and it's almost always been north of 4K.

Cool thanks, glad to hear it. 

10 minutes ago, Twanj said:

any comments on the Byrne Superman & Batman: Generations III (12 covers)?

I wasn't familiar with this series, but some of them seemed cheap for Byrne covers with Batman &/or Superman ($1700).

Cheap for a reason, not his best work. However a few of the best ones seemed like a decent deal. It also probably doesn't help to throw all 12 in an auction together like that if you want to maximize price. I bid on the Darkseid one but nowhere close to the hammer price.

20 hours ago, NinjaSealed said:

Cheap for a reason, not his best work. However a few of the best ones seemed like a decent deal. It also probably doesn't help to throw all 12 in an auction together like that if you want to maximize price. I bid on the Darkseid one but nowhere close to the hammer price.

I think those prices were about average for his Generations work. I remember seeing a cover from the first series (G1) - I think it was #2, not sure though - on a dealer site (I don't think it was Warden's) for 2k not that long ago

On 3/7/2017 at 11:42 PM, Chris Cooper said:

I was fortunate enough to snag the Marshall Rogers Dr. Strange page.  I happen to have 2 other pages from the same issue. 

Nice pickup! 3 pages from this book is a nice feat. This one is pretty nice too, fantastic 3rd panel.

On 3/7/2017 at 7:49 PM, NinjaSealed said:

$32k for the Dark Knight page. Not that bad?

Probably about right for that page. Which I understand was being shopped for a much higher number privately before being consigned. There's simply been an overabundance of DKR pages the last few years. It's going to take another drought like we had pre-Splash (2011) for prices to move up meaningfully again for anything less than an A page.

And yes, we probably are moving past peak nostalgia for DKR at this point, but I do think it will remain a blue chip for OA collectors for the foreseeable future, regardless.

:bump:

So, this is the auction where a BWS Conan painted piece was supposed to have sold very cheaply.  Not a mention of the piece anywhere in this thread, though - anyone recall which one it was?  Anyone have a copy of the catalog handy (mine's in storage) and can identify it?  

2 hours ago, delekkerste said:

So, this is the auction where a BWS Conan painted piece was supposed to have sold very cheaply.  Not a mention of the piece anywhere in this thread, though - anyone recall which one it was?  Anyone have a copy of the catalog handy (mine's in storage) and can identify it?  

3 hours ago, delekkerste said:

The OP states the following "So, before I lay out what has occurred relative to their Featured Auction that concluded back on March 7, 2017, here is one of several past experiences with ComicLink"

I assume the past experience is the one related to the BWS Conan, not in regards to the Featured Auction from March  2017